Brookster's new new new dual sat+ build - bml pg. 78

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
These guys shouldn't starve huh?? The apistos been busy busy! Don't worry, I'm slowly sucking the bba laiden flourite out with wc's, don't want to uproot the stars. The fry like it though, pecking away at the mini boooogs..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1420292313397.jpg
    1420292313397.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 1420292326361.jpg
    1420292326361.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 89
  • 1420292368184.jpg
    1420292368184.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 87
Dude! Thats a BBA city! Take the wood out and treat it, get the glut pumpin in that tank!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Dude! Thats a BBA city! Take the wood out and treat it, get the glut pumpin in that tank!!

Mehh.. i don't hate it.. fish like it, they pick at it.. may treat the wood but I'm not moving the pleco cave, got him right where I want him!!

My DW looks like that from time to time. Last week I did a two day h2o2 treatment and they went from blue to pink to white. Interestingly, there is a collection of MTS on them now. Dead BBA = snail food? Idk.

My DW looks like that from time to time. Last week I did a two day h2o2 treatment and they went from blue to pink to white. Interestingly, there is a collection of MTS on them now. Dead BBA = snail food? Idk.

I've done this to the rocks infront of pogo forest, it's all pink now.. i guess I'll broaden the treatment to include this area. How often do you guys use h2o2? I've been unleashing 40 ml prior to wc.. leave it in for 20 - 30 min then perform 50% wc. Can you do this a few times a week and leave it in the system?

I did 20 mL in a 20g 2 days in a row. I think it was AFTER a water change. I suppose a doing a WC after the treatment is a good idea as this is may oxidize the ferts and glut. Not sure how long it lingers in the tank though.

I have a bunch on an anubias branch. I just pull it out and spray it down and let it sit for min or two and throw it back in the tank without rising. Turns the algae red.

Sent from my Z667T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well... I'm thinking I want to totally copy sk3lly, i know we all have the same plants... now I want to have the same awesome branch reaching towards the heavens... i want to rock some air plants.. i got these extra leds and I may put them to use.. what do you y'all think of this piece? It would replace the bba farm you keep giving me crap about haha

Attachments

• 1420494937092.jpg
    1420494937092.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 71
Well... I'm thinking I want to totally copy sk3lly, i know we all have the same plants... now I want to have the same awesome branch reaching towards the heavens... i want to rock some air plants.. i got these extra leds and I may put them to use.. what do you y'all think of this piece? It would replace the bba farm you keep giving me crap about haha

I will give my blessing if you use an ADA substrate :p you wont be disappointed with the results.

Im totally up for seeing this. My main advice would be, try to consider what will grow under the immersed branch. These spots are so shady especially once your immersed plants grow in. I wish i had planted some small crypts in the shady spots. Nevermind

I will give my blessing if you use an ADA substrate :p you wont be disappointed with the results.

Im totally up for seeing this. My main advice would be, try to consider what will grow under the immersed branch. These spots are so shady especially once your immersed plants grow in. I wish i had planted some small crypts in the shady spots. Nevermind

When I move sk3lly, i will redo all my tanks, I will use nothing but the finest in substrates, finest everything! I will spare no expense in making this perfect as perfect can be.. now... Cut back to page 30 or so when I rescaped this same project 367474 times in a week! I'm not touching the substrate so crack a beer and wait for my loan application to get approved;) here's my plan.. after speaking with a smart fellar. Seems as though I'll need a mister of sorts to grow completely emersed? I have a plan.. What do you do sk3lly? I could use emersed tissue culture anubias and air plants.. i will suspend my 20" finnex stingray above the tank to shed light on these emmersed plants , it will be so money for this.. it's razor thin and loaded with blue leds.. that opens up a spot for the hoarded current sat plus.. I'm on a roll!
Edit- triton, my dw provider, had just granted me the most epic of simple mister setups. Air pump, T... t in the water creates suction, delivers water to a drip bar hidden behind led. 16 setting timer has mister on 10 minutes every 2 hours of day and a couple times a night.. how's that sound?

Last edited:
When I move sk3lly, i will redo all my tanks, I will use nothing but the finest in substrates, finest everything! I will spare no expense in making this perfect as perfect can be.. now... Cut back to page 30 or so when I rescaped this same project 367474 times in a week! I'm not touching the substrate so crack a beer and wait for my loan application to get approved;) here's my plan.. after speaking with a smart fellar. Seems as though I'll need a mister of sorts to grow completely emersed? I have a plan.. What do you do sk3lly? I could use emersed tissue culture anubias and air plants.. i will suspend my 20" finnex stingray above the tank to shed light on these emmersed plants , it will be so money for this.. it's razor thin and loaded with blue leds.. that opens up a spot for the hoarded current sat plus.. I'm on a roll!
Edit- triton, my dw provider, had just granted me the most epic of simple mister setups. Air pump, T... t in the water creates suction, delivers water to a drip bar hidden behind led. 16 setting timer has mister on 10 minutes every 2 hours of day and a couple times a night.. how's that sound?

Yea my immersed growth is suffering. Well the aquatic plant bits anyway. They dry out too fast under the lighting. I'd love to see some sort of link to an automated mister of sorts?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Yea my immersed growth is suffering. Well the aquatic plant bits anyway. They dry out too fast under the lighting. I'd love to see some sort of link to an automated mister of sorts?

No link, i just spoke with triton via pm, working out shipping details. It's so simple yet makes sense. The T in the airline will pull water, not a steady stream but wet bubbles.. I'll be tinkering soon enough.. you could splice into your cannister outflow and get a mini spray bar off that copper rig sk3lly? I have a lead on air plants.. just told my gf she'd be getting air plants and her eyes glimmered!

No link, i just spoke with triton via pm, working out shipping details. It's so simple yet makes sense. The T in the airline will pull water, not a steady stream but wet bubbles.. I'll be tinkering soon enough.. you could splice into your cannister outflow and get a mini spray bar off that copper rig sk3lly? I have a lead on air plants.. just told my gf she'd be getting air plants and her eyes glimmered!

I'd rather not come off the cannister outflow. I was thinking of rigging a small 100l/hr submersible pump in tank to some airline tubing up the copper and fixed to the back edge of the light. I could make holes in this airline to create a rain type effect?

I'd rather not come off the cannister outflow. I was thinking of rigging a small 100l/hr submersible pump in tank to some airline tubing up the copper and fixed to the back edge of the light. I could make holes in this airline to create a rain type effect?

m

That'd be my backup.. just figured you'd be the last to clutter your tank..than again?? You could always keep the extra pump in a out of sight reservoir.. hmmmmm could just stick one in my water barrel!!! I like that idea better actually.. No airline tubing in the tank..

m

That'd be my backup.. just figured you'd be the last to clutter your tank..than again?? You could always keep the extra pump in a out of sight reservoir.. hmmmmm could just stick one in my water barrel!!! I like that idea better actually.. No airline tubing in the tank..

I don't have this option. Great auto top off for you though

If you want some interesting plants to attach to the emersed dw, I'd consider using bromeliads (aka: air plants). They're like the java fern of the terrestrial world because no roots to plant. You simply mist them with a spray bottle and the humidity created from the water evaporating from your tank also helps. You can use a hot glue gun to attach it then cover the base of the plants with live or dead terrestrial moss. Looks good too.

Here's an example I pulled online (not my photo):
img_3127552_0_ab91f1173f9dc8016d1d4fb08e0cc10d.jpg

They're used in paludariums and ripariums.

If you want some interesting plants to attach to the emersed dw, I'd consider using bromeliads (aka: air plants). They're like the java fern of the terrestrial world because no roots to plant. You simply mist them with a spray bottle and the humidity created from the water evaporating from your tank also helps. You can use a hot glue gun to attach it then cover the base of the plants with live or dead terrestrial moss. Looks good too.

img_3127562_0_ab91f1173f9dc8016d1d4fb08e0cc10d.jpg

Yes sir.. I've located some via han aquatics..

img_3127781_0_ab91f1173f9dc8016d1d4fb08e0cc10d.jpg

Thanks for this! I had looked at bromeliads but not 'air plants'. Won't be easy but my emersed growth will be altered now

Back
Top Bottom