Brookster's new new new dual sat+ build - bml pg. 78

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Having plants grow so well that they are fighting for space is a good problem to have. The ammania bonsai patch is gorgeous and well maintained.
Go little Erio, go!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Jealous! Tank looks great as usual, and the snail army appears to be loosing the war

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Having plants grow so well that they are fighting for space is a good problem to have. The ammania bonsai patch is gorgeous and well maintained.
Go little Erio, go!

I don't do anything but run my fingers through it once a week, no root tabs.. the amanos spend hours a day grooming it for me. I wish it wasn't so centered, it actually bugs me but the root system is most likely 3" deep and spread into all surrounding plants..uprooting the cluster would probably crash the tank..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You could always trim the heck out of it, replant the trimmings where they would look better and remove the bottoms VERY CAREFULLY at a later time. By carefully I mean very slowly (like pulling thread). One at a time.
Do it. The more you stare at it the more it will bug you. I had the same deal with the pogo. I showed it who's the boss. Now it sits in the corner.

But where do I move it?? This tank shall remain until I move.. than its either a 40b or thumper style 75 romper room of deliciousness (so I'd hope anyways)

Maybe move it to the back wall between the pogo and the DW. Not sure what is currently back there. This will open up more space for the Downoi and star repens.

Red airplants!! Tanks on cruise control, co2 dipped a bit and the ar let me know with bba leaves. Thanks ar!! Had a tough week with the ember tetras, found 2 in the skimmer, one was still alive.. put it in a floating net but it didn't pull through.. that's 3 total I've found in the skimmer.. I'm going to move it away from pogo as that's where they seem to.sleep and the skimmer us only on at night.

Attachments

• 1426371400174.jpg
    1426371400174.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 107
Red airplants!! Tanks on cruise control, co2 dipped a bit and the ar let me know with bba leaves. Thanks ar!! Had a tough week with the ember tetras, found 2 in the skimmer, one was still alive.. put it in a floating net but it didn't pull through.. that's 3 total I've found in the skimmer.. I'm going to move it away from pogo as that's where they seem to.sleep and the skimmer us only on at night.

Bummer dude...nice air plants!

Getcha sleeves wet fish tank people!

Man.. letting me slack here people. I did lots of stuff and things. Mainly dealt with this ammania bonsai meets star patch disaster, it looks rough but had to be done. Took back the pogo and ludwiga as well.. pulled and replanted cyperus with a barrier to keep ammania from taking any more ground. hello ERIO and cory:) so happy this little punk rock plant is finally taking off!

dude. you are NOT messing around! looks sick!

dude. you are NOT messing around! looks sick!

You'll see.. this was never my intention.. just kind of happened... if someone told me I'd spend hundreds of dollars on aquatic plants when I was buying my gf a sponge Bob Pineapple 2 years ago...

You'll see.. this was never my intention.. just kind of happened... if someone told me I'd spend hundreds of dollars on aquatic plants when I was buying my gf a sponge Bob Pineapple 2 years ago...

Priceless......well I guess not since its hundreds of dollars. I can only imagine because I cant even think what I have in this 20 already and its just began. I use to think a 55 with a huge central was going to be expensive until somebody who will remain un named showed me his video.

Good morning! Def. Due for an update here, I'm going to put in work...after work:( anyways... looky lookyyy what I found this morning! So cool! Can't wait to see what pops out!

Attachments

• 1426938505976.jpg
    1426938505976.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 92
Good morning! Def. Due for an update here, I'm going to put in work...after work:( anyways... looky lookyyy what I found this morning! So cool! Can't wait to see what pops out!

I would want to say this is either very good photoshop skills or a bromeliad in the process of flowering! Way to take this to the next level.
Air plant sales have just gone up.

I would want to say this is either very good photoshop skills or a bromeliad in the process of flowering! Way to take this to the next level.
Air plant sales have just gone up.

Wish I could photo shop as well as I grow airplants;)
Not sure what was the catalyst here?? Same light.. only thing I've changed is soaking them in a bucket of tank water ever couple weeks for 5 min. I'm thinking it's seasonal??

Back
Top Bottom