Bubble nest?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishie

Aquarium Advice Addict
My Betta created one with female I think I'm moving her back in community since she is injured.

Mumma.of.two said:
So you have two Bettas in one tank? If you trying to breed it takes a bit more than just chucking them in a tank together. If she's injured take her out ASAP!

I moved her back in a 20G community she is all ripped up :/ I tried to breed them FAIL

Mumma.of.two said:
So you have two Bettas in one tank? If you trying to breed it takes a bit more than just chucking them in a tank together. If she's injured take her out ASAP!

Just out of curiosity what else can you do?

From my understanding you have to condition them with live foods then place the female in a glass or acrylic tube in the males tank. He will then make a bubble nest and they will display to each other. When they are ready the female is released. If they attack they must be separated. The male will embrace the female and she will release the eggs. He fertilizes them, takes them in his mouth and places them in the nest. He then drive the female away. She should be removed when this happens. So, as I said, not as simple as just putting them in the same tank and leaving them.

I see, that is a lot more complicated and seems to offer lot's of opportunities to make mistakes. Thanks for answering. :)

Back
Top Bottom