bubble tip hitchiker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tanicaesar

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hey guys, I'm into the second week of my nano tank setup and yesterday I went to my LFS and got some amazing live rock! I've since realized that I have some amazing hitchhikers and the coolest one being a tiny bubble tip anenome. what should I do? I wasn't planning on having to take care of an anenome so soon, I don't have very good lighting and have no idea how to feed him, help! haha x

Attachments

• image-2941134773.jpg
    image-2941134773.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 137
When u feed the tank it'll eat. The lighting is going to be ur biggest dilemma.

ohkay great, this is probably a really stupid question, but the room I have my tank in gets full sunlight all day, would that's me any diffrence to the lightin situation?

I heard sun light is bad for tanks. Also it wouldn't benefit the nem.

That is alot if growth on that rock

Almost has a "un cured" look

yeah! there is a serious amount of stuff coming from this rock, I've been watching the tank for about 10 minutes and I have counted about 3 tube worms (or what i think are baby tube worms) around 10 long worms, little clear shrimp like things about 5, a little crab (not hermit but a crab) what appears to be two small sea Starr's or something along thoes lines because they hav five long legs and heaps of alge growth!

If you are in your cycle the nem will die.... And when it dies it will poison your whole tank if you dont remove it soon enough.... I know its not your fault that you accidentaly recieved a nem, but your tank needs to be 6 months old before buying one.

BTA's don't need a lot of light. Some spot feed them with a bit of mysis shrimp. Looks ok. Consider it a freebie. He might do fine, but at this point, I don't think I would change a thing.

Are we sure this is a BTA? Looks more like a Majano Anemone to me. If so, and it's a reef, you may want to do away with it. Just my opinion...

you could be right qcube, arg I'm not sure ahha but whatever it is is surviving because its more opened today and has a tint of green on it! ahaha this is another pic from the first day I found it

Attachments

• image-2468664776.jpg
    image-2468664776.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 67

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom