Bubblenest?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
siva said:
No. They aren't happy in it IMO. That's really overstocked.

Yes I know I'm waiting for my other tank to arrive but iv never seen them with stress stripes only happy ones :D

Can I mix different kinds of female bettas in a big enough tank?

No one can really tell you that you can or can't. Some of us think no, some think yes. What I can say is that they shouldn't be mixed if you don't have the means to provide each a proper home in the event it doesn't work out. When I had to split my sorority of 6 females that meant 6 individual filtered and heated homes of atleast 5 gallons. If you don't have the means to do that for the bettas you want to try a sorority with, then I think it would be highly irresponsible to attempt one.

How about a small soroity with about 3 or 4 because I know if anything I can buy a small heated home for them.

Nvm, I just read this great article. They said I need about 6 females at the most! I 'm nervous on considering this just because I don't want this plan to turn horrible.

flame_fish said:
Nvm, I just read this great article. They said I need about 6 females at the most! I 'm nervous on considering this just because I don't want this plan to turn horrible.

I heard that its better to have an odd number if you want a small sorority.
If you get them all from the same place and if they're all in the same tank it would probably be much easier. I only have 3 tiny females two were together and never separated and one was there the day before which is the one that took charge even thought she's the smallest.

Did you get them from a breeder? U'm pretty sure I don't know any breeders who can help me :/ lol.

Yeah, I tried with both 5 and 6, since I had read you should start with atleast 5.

I don't think all in the same tank necessarily makes a difference, since the ones I've seen in the same tank at the lfs were ripping eachother apart, but if you could find them from a breeder, and get actual sisters that had never been seperated, that just might work. It would probably be the only in scenario in which I would try a sorority again.

Back
Top Bottom