Bubbles!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scottishnewbie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Frothy bubbles have appeared at the surface in the corner of my tank! Did a water change a couple of days ago and all the readings are fine so I am really confused about what's causing it. Can anybody help?

Is there a betta in there? o_O :) I'd just do a PWC and see if it goes away. Add any thing to the tank recently? Medicine or anything?

I have a male betta, neons, zebra danios, 2 golden gouramis, bristlenose and clown plecos. Not added anything recently except prime when I did a pwc.

I have a male betta, neons, zebra danios, 2 golden gouramis, bristlenose and clown plecos. Not added anything recently except prime when I did a pwc.

That stocking is suspect as gourami and betta can have problems, but that's not your question so: I don't think the bubbles are too much to worry about unless they're covering the top of the tank or something. PWC to remove and see if they come back. Betta's/gourami will make a bubble nests which could easily be what it is.

Ok, thanks! The gouramis and betta have had no problems so far!!
Maybe I have a mild mannered betta!! :)

Just wondering if I should add guppies or platies to my tank or would I have problems?

You'll probably get more responses with a new stocking thread. Be sure to include tank size.

Back
Top Bottom