building material

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Feynman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does one particular kind of aquarium glue or whatever that stuff is that holds rocks together work better then another? I assume its safe for the fish.

You should use aqurium safe silicone to glue pieces of rock together, that's all there is to it. Make sure you rocks don't collapse in the tank and you'll be fine.

HTH

Aqurium safe silicone cement is about all I would trust inside a tank.

Not sure what makes it Aqurium safe, the normal tub&tile silicone is much cheaper. But I would not want to risk my fish.

The tub and tile silicone usually has chemicals added to prevent and kill mildew - not good for fish at all!
I think the aquarium silicone is more expensive simply because it has the word 'aquarium' on the label. Grrr! :roll: Order it online - it's ALOT cheaper!

i always thought aquarium silicone was 100% non - reactive, while other silicone chaulk was partially reactove.

not 100% sure though.

Supposedly if you get 100% silicone from home depot or lowes it's said to be safe. I believe it's called silicone I and has to say 100% silicone. There have been many posts on here about it. A lot of people on here also swear by gel superglue also. Not the regular kind but only the gel kind. I have used this and it works underwater so you do not have to dry the rock first. Maybe one of the advisors could confirm or deny this.

Back
Top Bottom