Building my first ever tank :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah I've been researching them to pass the time while the tank cycles. I like the neon blue dwarf, but I could be swayed into the honey?? I just dunno robe honest but then someone said they are too shy as a centrepiece fish so I'm lost.

Well mine have been in less than 24hours and don't seem shy. Haven't fed them yet but here's some pictures.

image-1871140915.jpg

image-1283400078.jpg

image-1647937214.jpg

image-1647937214.jpg

image-2601538352.jpg

image-3956436377.jpg

Mine are easy to tell apart one has pale almost transparent fin tips the other has a deep orange/red.

Sorry the quality isn't great but I haven't taught them to stay yet ;) moving fish are hard to photograph on a phone.

The shrimp are a very nice red...the tank looks wonderful

This is using all ADULT fish so it's slightly less for now and I just have room for the other harlequins. :d I'm so pleased with my tank I wouldn't change a thing. Thanks for all your help everybody god knows what I would have done without you all. When it comes to fish experience and research are very important and i have found plenty of both here :) the only problem is now I want another tank!

View attachment 195635

Yeah that happens you get one then you want more...I have four and I'm looking for a couple more lolol

Sorry to post so many double pictures but I just found out you ca. Change the upload quality on the mobile app so here's some clearer pictures.

image-3126819239.jpg

image-3256243384.jpg

image-1912771082.jpg

image-1093770300.jpg

Attachments

• image-503338510.jpg
    image-503338510.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 34
  • image-3205409152.jpg
    image-3205409152.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 39
  • image-2549957036.jpg
    image-2549957036.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 36
  • image-3883617883.jpg
    image-3883617883.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 41
(minus 2-3 harlequins)

My first ever tank competed, lightly planted, fully stocked, and perfect in every way!

image-3809318294.jpg

So my shrimp have been hiding for about a day and a half now I just put it down to me adding the new fish and them getting a little scared. Then today I noticed this on my Marimo. It's 100% a shrimp tail but does this look like its from moulting or does it look like my fish have eaten a shrimp? I've never had shrimp before so I'm not sure if I should be concerned or not.

image-2014379807.jpg

image-1296688004.jpg

So my shrimp have been hiding for about a day and a half now I just put it down to me adding the new fish and them getting a little scared. Then today I noticed this on my Marimo. It's 100% a shrimp tail but does this look like its from moulting or does it look like my fish have eaten a shrimp? I've never had shrimp before so I'm not sure if I should be concerned or not.

Mir hide all the time except when there is food out. This is in a fish only tank.
That looks like part of a molt. The rest of it may be else where; I think shrimp eat the shredded skin to regain minerals.

I think it's molt too but I'm no expert. I found similar in my RCS tank and all of mine are accounted for (i think) they seem to eat the shed skin from what I've seen.

Ok thanks Fresh2o/Bullbo. I suspected it was but wanted to be sure, and my shrimp don't normally hide too much, normally they hang around of the driftwood or around the holes in the little 'house' but recently there really getting into nooks and crannies and I can only see like a few
Legs or heads poking out.

As I said I'm no expert I'm new to this whole thing too so don't take my word as fact. I had minnows in with the shrimp and they hid the whole time. I took minnows out and the shrimp are all over the tank now. I think they just see them as predators.

As I said I'm no expert I'm new to this whole thing too so don't take my word as fact. I had minnows in with the shrimp and they hid the whole time. I took minnows out and the shrimp are all over the tank now. I think they just see them as predators.

Yeah I can see how that would be. Well hopefully they'll be back out and about over the next few days now my tank is settling. I love just sitting and watching the tank it's far better than anything on TV haha.

Back
Top Bottom