Caleb's Tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That 10g planted is awesome. Love the layout.
How do you keep the humidity up in the FBT with a screen top? I see droplets on the glass; is that from the filter or a mister?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Practice and dedication :) you would get chills if you saw my beginner tanks! LOL

Anyway,

My anemone decided to move halfway across the tank today onto the side of my rock work. Kinda of a happy and sad thing. Happy it's moving to where it will hopefully be happier at. Sad I have to move my Kenya tree because it would have been right next to it.

Here's where we stand with the Nem:

http://i.imgur.com/gcIYBeO.jpg

Caleb

You'd get chills if you saw MY beginner tanks! The worst was an old 10 gal that I had in my basement, neon blue gravel, 1 emerald cat, 1 ghost cat, 1 rummynose, 2 redeye tetras, and a red-tail shark. Overfed, no water changes, broken heater and filter. I will never be able to live with myself. Obviously this is before I became an active hobbyist, this tank was just kept for the "pretty fishies".

~ExoticAquarist, signing out

That 10g planted is awesome. Love the layout.
How do you keep the humidity up in the FBT with a screen top? I see droplets on the glass; is that from the filter or a mister?

Thanks Fresh! A compliment from such a successful planter means a lot your tanks are gorgeous :)

I use a spray bottle that I mist the tank with twice a day plus they have their pool to swim in.

Caleb

You'd get chills if you saw MY beginner tanks! The worst was an old 10 gal that I had in my basement, neon blue gravel, 1 emerald cat, 1 ghost cat, 1 rummynose, 2 redeye tetras, and a red-tail shark. Overfed, no water changes, broken heater and filter. I will never be able to live with myself. Obviously this is before I became an active hobbyist, this tank was just kept for the "pretty fishies".

Well that's how most of us started out :) I had a 2.5g with black and white gravel and a black moor goldfish. Poor buddy was my favorite but he died in a week from ich since I didn't know what cycling was and the small container.

Caleb

Well that's how most of us started out :) I had a 2.5g with black and white gravel and a black moor goldfish. Poor buddy was my favorite but he died in a week from ich since I didn't know what cycling was and the small container.

Caleb

Yes, it's rather sad how many fish give their lives in the beginning to spawn hobbyists like us... Glad your anemone is happier now btw. I only have had FW tanks so I didn't know anemones were so mobile and personal! I thought they just stayed there and looked pretty. Sorry your moor died.

Well I've had some of my frags for a while but I've kept them on the plugs/rock they came on.

Can a salty guy/gal give me a step by step guide or link to glueing frags to the live rock?

Caleb

Here's an update! I was bored and pulled an all nighters between tank maintenance and a paper.

I did a 3g water change on my SW. The green algae is slowly taking over and I'm not sure why. Trying to find my other phosphate bottle so I test and rule it out.

I've also done a big change on my planted tanks! :D

10g before:
http://i.imgur.com/V1LV0K9.jpg

10g after:
http://i.imgur.com/CLFcSSK.jpg

My bday present from my brother was this lovely piece of spider wood.

I have DHG and dwarf sag on the way. I'm going to put the DHG right front and center with the driftwood so I can have a close eye and monitor it. Hoping it works out because last time it all melted away.

Dwarf sag is a large order going to fill the foreground hopefully of my 75g :)

Opinions on the Aquascape?

Caleb

Happy birthday! What a nice birthday present, the best I ever got was a ceramic "No Fishing" sign from my brother.

That is an amazing 10 gallon! Plants are growing like weeds! The wood really opened it up.

Word of caution: Dwarf sag is what I would consider "invasive (in a good way)" Grows extremely fast and sends up runners wherever it wants to. It will fill up your 75 real quick.

Happy birthday, dude. Big 2 0 right?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thank you both! It was actually July 17th but who's counting :) I let it sit in another tank till now cuz it wanted to leach.

Yes poppa I feel like an old man now lol

Caleb

I still dont feel old... Lol and i turned 20 and partied like it waS 1999..... Well....... Cause it was. I had to dj a rave that night. Was a Total blast. Hope yours was fun.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Caleb has about had it with this anemone. It's been acting funny since day one and a few days ago it decided to move halfway across the dang tank. Now it's like it retracted its tentacles all together. My clown knows something is wrong with it I just wish I knew :/ I just did a 3 gallon water change the other day.

Caleb

Sorry. I thought that anemones just stayed where you scapegoat them. Will you sell it?

Scape not scapegoat! Are corals like that too? I know that urchins and sea stars are and I've seen an anemone disconnect from a rock before but never one move, even over a long period of time.

Scape not scapegoat! Are corals like that too? I know that urchins and sea stars are and I've seen an anemone disconnect from a rock before but never one move, even over a long period of time.

Anemone, urchins, starfish, they all move. Corals no you put them in a place you hope they like based on flow and lighting.

Caleb

My urchin was my biggest regret had to put it in my refugium because it picks up anything it can, frags crabs snails and anything else that wasn't glued down

Nope anemone move to where they want to be!

I'm going to see if LFS will take it back.

Caleb
I respect that decision.(y)
I tried a nem at around 4 months in on my 75 and it did everything yours is and then died.
I was (still am) well aware of the 1 year rule for nems(many like to think 6 months and I thought 4 was close!),but with my experience and help the nem was still doomed IMO .
A year almost later I added a mini carpet who still sits exactly where I planted him!
If the LFS won't take back your nem don't feel too bad .
We all try hard(sometimes too hard) and these are times we can learn.
One of my nems in my 120(almost 10 years old) has been on the run for the last month!
If yours wasn't new I would say ?????

I respect that decision.(y)
I tried a nem at around 4 months in on my 75 and it did everything yours is and then died.
I was (still am) well aware of the 1 year rule for nems(many like to think 6 months and I thought 4 was close!),but with my experience and help the nem was still doomed IMO .
A year almost later I added a mini carpet who still sits exactly where I planted him!
If the LFS won't take back your nem don't feel too bad .
We all try hard(sometimes too hard) and these are times we can learn.
One of my nems in my 120(almost 10 years old) has been on the run for the last month!
If yours wasn't new I would say ?????

LFS hasn't decided lol

I may keep it and just see if it pulls though.

I got some goodies today after my English final :)

Pics uploaded here in a minute.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom