Calgary Aquarium Society Updates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Assuming my plane gets in on time, Trevor and I will be there with 3 Rift Lake cichlids and 3 Fresh Water Animals.

Huge Apple snail, Huge Auction, Great presentation. Grabbed 5 books and some crystalwort. I was in so much pain by the time I left but it was worth it.

I didn't get a chance to talk to Toirtis.. I was going to ask if he knew how to tell if a snail was dead or just hanging out. My zebra snail stopped moving a few days back and it closed up. He doesn't stink yet so I am giving him another day or two before I delcare him toast.

Mooose

webmoose said:
Huge Apple snail,

Accursed snail...robbed me of my win! :p

I didn't get a chance to talk to Toirtis..

But you can now.

I was going to ask if he knew how to tell if a snail was dead or just hanging out. My zebra snail stopped moving a few days back and it closed up. He doesn't stink yet so I am giving him another day or two before I delcare him toast.

Zebras often go inactive for a few days...just keep an eye on him....if he is still attached to something, he is very likely just fine.

I was thinking with Spring having arrived and Pond Season gearing up... do you guys know of anyone at the meetings (or even outside of CAS) I could blackmail into doing a Pond Presentation for May?

There will be a Home Tour that focuses on pnds (I think) in June. Ask Tom who has ponds and then start calling!

This will be our last meeting :( I will be giving the presentation about moving with fish, assuming I actually have time to put it together and can speak comfortably after having my wisdom teeth removed on Monday 8O Plus, this will be the last concessions that I bake for, so bring your appetite and quarters for chocolate chip cookies and/or chocolate chocolate chunk cookies with walnuts.

OK so killifish are on the jar show list. I know that sometimes Toirtis brings in fish to match the fish he brings in for the jar show. SO you doing that this time ;)

I will be returning the 300 killifish books I borrowed last meeting.....

Toirtis might have to avoid me so I don't corner him with killi questions.. hehe

Looking forward to the meeting..

Mooooose

webmoose said:
OK so killifish are on the jar show list. I know that sometimes Toirtis brings in fish to match the fish he brings in for the jar show. SO you doing that this time ;)

Nope, just got a bunch of catfish to show....my killies are all still eggs right now.

well enter them anyways. If no one enters hatched killis those eggs may still win. The judges can just guess on the coloring, finnage etc.

Well I guess I better not hold my breath expecting to actually see killifish at the jar show.. haha

Mooooooose

damn ... i forgot it was catfish category this week.
ah well .... it will be a busy enough day at work for me as it is ... may not even get home.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom