Calgary shop report

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those are the synodontis that Kaiserfish has in his african cichlid tank ... It screaches like a baby when it is in defensive mode

Yeah... its the craziest noise I've heard a fish make... next to the the one that talks... uh... that might be in my mind... :)

I think the eupterus is great, very active around the dark areas of the tank, hangs out with the large pleco.

Umm... most catfishes ARE ugly :)
I dont think they're that ugly myself. He's got a really dark body with some light spots on him. VERY BLUE eyes with gold circles around them.

When I first added him to my african tank, he was stupid and didnt go for the rock caves at the back of the tank (where he spends most his time now with the pleco thats 10 times his size).

Anyways, the mbunas and frontosa were quite interested by the newcomer, and took 'playful' bites at him. He began emitting this loud shrieking noise I've never heard a fish make. Sounded like a baby screaming.

As for catfish, I keep 2 plecos (not sure what kind, both were sold as regular plecos, but as they've grown they definitely don't look like normals), about a dozen otocinclus, several juhli corydoras, a pimelodus pictus, a clown pleco, and 2 ghost catfish. Oh... and the eupterus

http://web.mit.edu/lxs/www/cichlids/featherfin-cat.html <- a whole bunch of pics of eupterus'

So.... had a flat tire this past weekend that needed to get patched, so I took it over to Kal-Tire, and while waiting... Lunch made the suggestion to kill the time at nearby Big Al's (shhhhhhhh).... Anyways, found out that over the past couple years of buying some supplies there (I know... I'm SORRY!!!) I'd acquired $100 store credit from points.

There are now 3 new big pieces of driftwood for my tank, and a bunch of other acquisitions. Got a magfloat as well... anyone have any experience (positive or negative with these?)

Lunch made the suggestion to kill the time at nearby Big Al's (shhhhhhhh)....
bah ... it was in the close proximity (and good thing) since KalTire closed at 5 or so.
That store is really going downhill fast!

**edit* just realized that this is my 500th post ...

Wow...totally wow. I hit Riverfront and Golds today...some seriously nice fish, and it will be worth lining up outside Riverfront's doors tomorrow morning for the 2for1 sale!

Riverfront Aquariums:

Jack Dempsey (1”) $5.99 each
Wild Red Terrors (3”) $16.99 each
Male guppies (HUGE tails) $3.99 each
Lamprologus caudopuntatus ‘redfin’ (1”) $14.99 each
T. fangi puffers (2” and fat) 2/$17.00
Emperor tetras (1”+) $4.49 each
Royal panaques (5”+) $69.99 each
Neon green swordtails (1½”) $2.99 each
Silver hatchets (1”) $4.99 each
Corydoras sterbai (WC 1½”) $24.99 each
Pineapple swordtails (1½”) $2.99 each
Moonlight gouramis (1”) $7.99 each
Burmese botia (2½”) $15.99 each
Cherry barbs (1” and BIG) $1.99 each
Farlowellas (4”) $9.99 each
German blue rams (1” only 3 left) $12.99 each

***Do not forget that tomorrow, Sat. Feb 12, is Riverfront’s 2for1 sale on fish, so all the above prices will be halved!!!)***

Gold Aquariums:

Teacup stingrays (very nice) $59.99 each
Neon jewel cichlids (1½”, very colourful) $5.99 each
Dianema catfish (2½”) $11.99 each
Cynotilapia afra ‘cobue’ (1”) $5.99 each
Altolamprologus compressceps ‘orange’ (1”)$12.99 each
German blue rams (1” very nice, only 5 left) $? (Albert said probably about $8)
Fahaka puffer (2”) $14.99 each
Clown loach (2½”-3”) $14.99 each

Blood red oscar (2”) $6.99 each
Albino paradise fish (1”) $(unpriced, ready for sale on or after the weekend)

Today I just went to Gold and frontriver too.
frontriver Germen blue ram just have 2. :x
Gold have 5-6 ram. no price. new fish no for sale. The body is a litter long.

RickZheng said:

When you go to Gold's, if something isn't priced, just ask Dennis (the owner), and he will give you a price.....usually a really good one, too.

RickZheng said:

Should have picked up those rams at Gold's....Alberta says that they all sold for $6 each...here is a photo of the actual fish in the tank at Gold's:

Attachments

• mikrogeophagusramirezi.jpeg
    mikrogeophagusramirezi.jpeg
    89.9 KB · Views: 105
heh .. i can't get ANYTHING anytime soon for my tank. I just spent copious amounts of $$ on a new printer.

the old one kicked the bucket? or completely stopped printing colour?

it was all internal ... black was fine but color kaput ... i think it was the reading heads between the printer and ink cartridge. That being said, got a new HP and it is farkin awesome.

Back
Top Bottom