Can anyone identify these cichlids pls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DazUK

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys. Just bought a new tank this weekend and was given the large blue one in the photo but even the previous owner didn't know what it was and the same with the yellow one. Can anyone give me their opinion pls. The other photo I believe is a blue acara which was close to death when my brother picked his new tank up today. But has remarkably picked up. Can anyone confirm if this is actually a blue acara and possibly what sex they all are. This is my first step over to keeping cichlids and have a lot to learn. Any advice would be really appreciated.
Thanks
Darren

Attachments

• image-3552948953.jpg
    image-3552948953.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 111
  • image-2533864346.jpg
    image-2533864346.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 98
  • image-830103312.jpg
    image-830103312.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 108
The yellow one looks like a lombardoi Species Profiles -- Cichlid-Forum and the blue one looks like a Protomaelas sp.'Spilonotus' , maybe this one? Species Profiles -- Cichlid-Forum

The 3 species are not really compatiable in terms of behaviour. They may be fine for a while, but in the end you will have to move some fish on and concentrate on what type of tank you like, Peacock/Hap, mbuna, or American...

Back
Top Bottom