Can anyone please identify my fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dude1982

Aquarium Advice Freak
We bought this today and it wasn't labelled, I did my research and the closest I found was the cobalt chromis, can anyone please tell me if I'm right or not lol

Attachments

• image-3044071457.jpg
    image-3044071457.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 106
Aggressive fish might consider taking him out if u are planning on having a non aggressive tank

I have one and have absolutely zero problems with aggression. It pals around with my clown fish and is rather timid with my fire fish. It's an absolute doll. If you have plenty of space, you should be fine.

Maya said:
I have one and have absolutely zero problems with aggression. It pals around with my clown fish and is rather timid with my fire fish. It's an absolute doll. If you have plenty of space, you should be fine.

Well my buddy has one and it's killing all his expensive fish it even killed his purple tang lol

A yellow tail blue damsel fish, they are aggresive but good aquarium cycle starters!

Mine is a kind loving fish.... They are a schooling fish so they are better in groups

Most damsels are fine until they get a little older then they turn aggressive. I don't know what you plan on stocking your tank with but you might consider having a one fish tank or returning it to the store.

Mine is a kind loving fish.... They are a schooling fish so they are better in groups

This one doesn't school. Blue green chromis school. Damsels stake out a square of reef and defend it to the death. They're saltwater mbuna basically. I suggest getting rid of it. It'll just be problems when it gets older and your tank is established. Getting them out is a PITA trust me I know. They'll dart into every hole in your LR. You'll need to take down the whole tank to get at him.

I'm currently holding onto a domino damsel for my friend until his tank cycled and I thought it was a nice fish because it wasn't aggressive to my other fishes. Last night I stuck my arm in the tank to move a LR and it started ramming my arm. I was shocked at first but amused.

According to liveaquaria the yellow tails are a less aggressive damselfish that generally does fine with most other fish. I agree that damsels in general are not the nicest tankmates... But IME my yellow tail has been a wonderful addition. Great with all of our fish and inverts. I suggest sitting back and enjoying your new fish. If we took back every fish/invert/coral we bought that someone else has had a bad experience with... Our tank would sit empty.

I haven't
had an issue with mine at all.. just hope u didn't pay more then a few dollars for it.

I only paid £4 for him/her. I have been observing it's behaviour and it seems to be nasty as, well a really nasty fish lol. One of our Talbot damsels has a fair few nips out of it's tail. I think it's time to take it back soon !

I don't even know if id continue to go to an lfs they didn't know what a blue damsil was.

Lol true I got another blue fish at the same time as I got the yellow tail damsel. They was in the same tank and the same price but its definitely not a damsel lol I'll post a pic if I can get one of it !

I think it's a chomis of some sort !

Attachments

• image-2269847345.jpg
    image-2269847345.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 64
  • image-1994576356.jpg
    image-1994576356.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 74
Looks like another damsel to me.....I think chromis have forked tails if I'm not mistaken...

Back
Top Bottom