Can i add anything to this tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodlucky

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 2.5 gallon tank with a betta and a ramshorn snail. Can I add African dwarf frogs or what

Ya no I wouldn't be adding anything else. It is too small. I keep my Betta in a 2 gal just fine but wouldn't add anything with a Betta unless it's in at least a 10 gal tank.

No nothing else. It's just too small. Even ADFs need at least 5 gallons. They actually prefer groups though so something more like a 10 with a trio is best.

Waitttttt!!!! Can I add some ghost shrimp? I have some very large ones in the big tank that would do a nice job cleaning up the 2.5

Add whatever you like. It's your tank. Should you add more? Probably not from what I've been reading over the last 6 months - but can you? Sure. But just because you can....

FlyAnglerFishKeeper said:
Add whatever you like. It's your tank. Should you add more? Probably not from what I've been reading over the last 6 months - but can you? Sure. But just because you can....

Ok I didn't really ask for that type of comment I'm just trying to do what's best for my fish

Does it have a filter on it cause thats wat i did and the shrimp died

I am not sure about Ghost Shrimps to be honest.

Maybe someone that knows will come along and be helpful. :)

Well, you didn't seem to like the answers you were given. It seemed like you were looking for someone to tell you it was ok - and it is if you want - it's your tank. That's all I was sayin'...

FlyAnglerFishKeeper said:
Well, you didn't seem to like the answers you were given. It seemed like you were looking for someone to tell you it was ok - and it is if you want - it's your tank. That's all I was sayin'...

When did I ever do that? If I wanted that I wouldn't be in this forum. How hard could it be to ask a question?

One of the problems that you'll run into is that in a small tank like what you have, a betta is likely to kill most other things that you would put in the tank. Obviously it greatly depends on the personality of the betta, but I definitely wouldn't anything in there that I wasn't prepared to lose.

As far as shrimp go, it's up to the betta. My experience with betta in small tanks and ghost shrimp has generally ended poorly for the shrimp, but if your betta is a chill fellow, I would give it a shot. Ghost shrimp are cheap.

aqua_chem said:
One of the problems that you'll run into is that in a small tank like what you have, a betta is likely to kill most other things that you would put in the tank. Obviously it greatly depends on the personality of the betta, but I definitely wouldn't anything in there that I wasn't prepared to lose.

As far as shrimp go, it's up to the betta. My experience with betta in small tanks and ghost shrimp has generally ended poorly for the shrimp, but if your betta is a chill fellow, I would give it a shot. Ghost shrimp are cheap.

I agree, try a ghost shrimp. I have a 3G with a Betta and a baby apple snail (who I'll move when s/he gets bigger) and a big ghost shrimp. But another member here said my Betta is like the Dali Lama of Bettas and I think it will work. I am NOT going to put my red cherry shrimp in there though!

aqua_chem said:

Thanks everyone. I think I'm not going to put the shrimp in, because I grew my ghost shrimp to be over 2 inches and I'm very proud of all 5 of them. I don't want to take any risks

VioletEmber said:
I agree, try a ghost shrimp. I have a 3G with a Betta and a baby apple snail (who I'll move when s/he gets bigger) and a big ghost shrimp. But another member here said my Betta is like the Dali Lama of Bettas and I think it will work. I am NOT going to put my red cherry shrimp in there though!

Your right red cherries are very small. Would turn out bad

What are those little red things at the bottom of your tank? Shrimp?

Back
Top Bottom