Can I give my fish a piece of apple??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used to work at petsmart and we used to feed them zucchini there. I am not fish, but I think they like it. :D

875mill said:
Anyone ever have a fish eat a grape?

My pleco will devour a grape in seconds. It's his favorite treat.

Do you give a whole grape or cut it? Skin it? Green or red? I'd love to give my pleco a grape. Actually... reading all these posts I realise that I think my fish are really under privileged, poor guys.

Anyone try carrots?

mine eat cucumber. I put it in the microwave for ten seconds. I didnt even get to watch them eat it today, it was gone. I hate to admit it, but i really dont have any vegetables to give them.

Why no salt green beans? Mine go for the regular ones when I give them and the no-salt ones here are $2.25 a can! Way too much for a couple days use then throw out 90% of the can.

I have also given mine romaine, water melon, honey dew and sweet potato. The sweet potato was hard but my pleco and cories went after it pretty hard. I guess small strips blanched could work really well in small portions for all fish.

I would think you have to peel the grape for all fish short of oscars and pirana. Seedless is a good idea. As for color, let the fish decide. They may like all of them or just one of them. Try all you can find to give them a variety of different ones and vary the nutrients they get form them.

I've never tried apple but my fish go WILD for peas - you'd think I was giving them caviar (ok, bad joke LOL). The snails love zucchini and yellow squash but the fish ignore it. But that's ok - its the birds favorite too so it doesn't go to waste. The snails also love carrots - which happens to be the dogs favorite snack.
Good grief, I should just open a zoo and get over it LOL

Back
Top Bottom