Canister filter vs wet/dry filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lomeli562

Aquarium Advice Activist
Im wondering which would be best for a fancy goldfish tank? Specificly black moors, I eventually would like to have 2 black moors and 5 siamese algae eaters. Please help! =)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well, I think that with a canister, you're getting more GPH and I think it's better for heavy bio loads that goldfish have

That makes alot of sense lol last night I was looking up plans for a diy canister filter and decided to build my own lol

I have a couple diy canisters and a marineland canister. I use the sponges from the dollar store as media in my diy and my extra tray in my marineland, even though I can get more flow out of my diy canister, when I use the recommended marineland floss, my tank is much cleaner because there's barely any water bypass In the marineland one, you would have to create diy trays in the diy canister to get clean water like a non diy canister

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im still planning it out but im thinking of using light defusers with small openings as dividers for the sponge media and pump I might even add window screen just to be certain

I use that to seperate my media and floss, but water travels the way with least resistance, so if you use floss from like walmart, it's just a big bunch, there will be places for water to go around it and not get filtered, same with media, carbon, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom