Can't believe what I did....Dumb Dumb Dumb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

freshwatergal

Aquarium Advice Freak
As some of you know, I got two new betta's yesterday, Herb and Rosie. Well, I put a light on Herbs side as to illuminate my kritter keepers. Well I came home tonight and Herb was dead, I fried him. His water was soooo warm. I didn't know that light would get that hot and I cooked him. I feel horrible! I don't dare tell my papa, Herb's namesake. I will have to go tomorrow and see if I can find one that looks kinda like him.

R.I.P. Herb...

You should pick up another 10g tank with some dividers. It would be pretty cheap and MUCH better for the fish than 1g tanks that overheat and kill the fish if you leave a light too close. It would compliment your other Betta tank good too :)

Oh bummer; you're just having a crappy fish week aren't you FWG? I hope next week is better, but in the meantime have a few kudos to help cheer you up.

Don't feel too bad... I had a breeding pair of purple spotted gudgeons (an endangered species) quarrantined for breeding. I cam home to find them both boiled & the tank probably over 120 degrees. The heater broke & stayed on. It was an EboJager too!

Fish traadgedies

So sorry for you! I overmedicated my "Christmasfish". After he learned so many cute tricks and was growing back his torn fins.....*sniff*
A moments inattention sometimes is the wrong moment.

Now my daughter like checks her temp and water parameters every 4 hours on all her tanks! I'm kinda paranoid myself...

Come to think of it, I think I'll just go check my thermometers right now... be back in a minute! 8O

Thanks everyone. I went today and got Herb II, he's the same color so hopefully the real herb won't know the difference... :oops:

Back
Top Bottom