Cant find my new Syno Cat....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mlani said:
I was told alone and saw first hand that they couldn't be together with mine. (I was told alone after the fact)

Icic. Idk. I had read the same thing bit then was told different by a pretty reputable guy on here. Mine have been ok so far, I guess only time will tell. I hope I wont have to rehome

joel618 said:
Icic. Idk. I had read the same thing bit then was told different by a pretty reputable guy on here. Mine have been ok so far, I guess only time will tell. I hope I wont have to rehome

Maybe mine are just grumpy? Either way we kind of high jacked this thread.. Sorry
Anyone have any experience with feather fin catfish??

I read they are ok in solitude, and even better in large groups. It's small groups like 2-4 that they become territorial

A sailfin!! So pretty!! I wish .. Everything I've read on those guys has been solitary. Never had one myself though. Hopefully someone with more experience will step in now and give you more info :)

This syno does better alone, in my experience. I have mine in a 75 gallon and he likes being the king of the tank. Some have tried larger groups and done alright but I would recommend a single specimen.

Thanks. Yeah I have him in my 90 gallon and am keeping him solo. I also have a rainbow shark in there, will they be I together. So far (3-4 days) they have left each other alone.

I have a 6 inch sailfin and a synodontis in my 90 gallon tank there hasn't been any aggression from either one

Back
Top Bottom