Care package arrived!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i dont have enough for a small bag of oceanic salt the smallest bag is 5bucks but it only makes 5gallons a 25gallon bag is 13.99 the salt is on my list to buy for next week ima get heater and thermometer today

I'd wait for the rock to be honest. Especially if youre gonna get some LR from the lfs. It will help your cycle with its die off and youll cycle faster.

How much base rock are you wanting to buy? I thought you weren't ordering online?

After my biocube comes and i put the rock in I might have some left over. I think i bought way too much base rock LOL. Maybe I can send you some. That way you can spend your money on the live rock which is more important. I would have your mom drive you to that pets store thats kinda far away and get your lr there.

im ordering base online bewteen 8-10lbs and the petstore thats 30min away is a speciality sw reef store they have odd hours so when the open il call n ask if they sell lr

Good plan. I'd def call first and see. I will know by thursday if I have any base left over after I break a few larger rocks. I think I can prob spare a few lbs and I'll just mail it in a flat rate box. :-D I still have stamps left. lol I used to work for a stamp dealer so I have a ton.

carey said:
Good plan. I'd def call first and see. I will know by thursday if I have any base left over after I break a few larger rocks. I think I can prob spare a few lbs and I'll just mail it in a flat rate box. :-D I still have stamps left. lol I used to work for a stamp dealer so I have a ton.

ilove stamps was gonna start a stamp collection but this hobby got me first. how much would you want for the left ovr base rock if there is any

I can't see charging you since its only like 1.5 a lb LOL. Thats why it will be leftover rock. I want you to take that money you'll save though and invest in what you need. Good LR, api SW master kit. :-D

Actually I'm kinda bored, I'm gonna go see if I can't break up one rock now. It's gonna have to dry b4 I mail it anyways.

Oh yeah, I was wondering, shouldn't you be in school? Or are you home schooled?

thank you a ton and all this week is spring break april vacation or what ever it is im suprized im up before noon lol

Here's the rock I'm gonna bust up for us. It prob weighs almost 20lbs! It's way too big fr the cube and the 55g.

img_1308123_0_f559ef03d7da28232af5186d2d4c20ff.jpg

Well, I was just trying to bust it with a huge sledgehammer thing and just got shrapnel. lol I'll mess with it some more but I think my b/f might have to do it for me. Woulda been cool to get it in todays mail. I'm still gonna try to bust it tho in a little while.

WOOT! I found a huge concrete nail and sledgehammered it through the rock and it broke! Got three nice pieces and some rubble but not much. I will try to get some to you today. :)

I'm glad I ordered extra. I'll be ordering more later this year when i go to a 125g reef setup.

img_1308143_0_e5b69b6c3d153df0b1683d9062573c57.jpg

I'm gonna head to the post office in a bit. I bet you get it before friday. :-D This is the last box I'm sending so I'm trying to think what else you need that I might have. lol
I wonder how much salt I can fit in there? Maybe I can fit some. I have a bucket of Io salt. If i can I'll include some salt too. Just enough to get you started though.

Back
Top Bottom