Carey's 90g FOWLR Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got a white spotted Toby in with my eel. And they get along great. He is very playful when I get home. Will even fallow my hand around if I'm cleaning something. I love him. In shock though that he is leaving my cleaner shrimp and crabs alone. But have seen him nip and some snails.

I kinda didn't want anything that would eat snails, I happen to like my snails. lol But what about secreting poison? If they get stressed or threatened I don't want some major disaster.

I think ur thinking of box fish. I have not Hurd that about puffers. U should be just fine. I have to white Toby in my salt. And a green spotted and figure 8 in my brackish. And have not had any problems.

Puffer fish have a poison sack in their bodies. So they are a poisonous fish but fish like lion fish excrete venom so they are called venomous.

Puffer fish have a poison sack in their bodies. So they are a poisonous fish but fish like lion fish excrete venom so they are called venomous.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. :) I don;t think I'll go with either one though. Too scary for me. lol

puffers are ok, have one in with my fish and he is one of the gang, he even bumps into the others(except the lion obviously) every once in awhile:)

and you can net them but i wouldnt, just for the sake of stress, boxfish look very similar to puffers but actually have the ability to secrete a very potent poison that will nuke everything. boxfish can also inflate their bellies like puffers, which is where alot of the confusion comes in

See, this is stuff I didn't know. LOL Then again, I havent been living on the "dark" side of saltwater yet.

I'm still busy making a list of potential fish, I will post one today and you guys can nit pick it and let me know how it looks. Least I won't ahve tangs on the list, got my tang fill already. I am so exited!!

Still working on a stand so I can't do anything til then. But I did sell my 10g setup yesterday and have some interested in my 55g rehab tank. :)

Ok, the time has come. I have researched my eyeballs out almost but I have literally looked at almost every fish I could potentially want.

Keep in mind I know I can't have them ALL, these are just the fish I;m choosing from.

get ready cause it's a long list I think LOL

Lemonpeel angel
Half black angle OR Blue spotted angel
soldierfish
Chalk Bass
Blue Hamlet
Hawkfish- blood red OR Flame OR Longnose

Butterflys- figure on only one of them
Falcula
Kleins
Pearscale
Mertens
Double saddle
yellow long nose
Pyramid

Wrasses- I want two
Exquisite
Scots Fairy
Carpenters
McCoskers
Banana

And in consideration as well

Sand perch
Foxface Lo OR one spot foxface

I looked into tank sizes and dietary concerns in mind when I made the list so it should be all good. However, some of the fish might be too small or too aggressive or too meek. Thats where you guys come in. Anything you can offer in the way of advice or experience would be awesome!

I do plan on having some rock, jsut not a ton of it. I want to go a bit more simpler this go around. Not so much a rockscaped tank but a fish a flowing look. LOL

Let me know!!

Really? even in a 90g? And the pygmy ones at that? Hmmm...let's see where this thread goes with that nugget of advice....

carey said:
Really? even in a 90g? And the pygmy ones at that? Hmmm...let's see where this thread goes with that nugget of advice....

Well it may work or may not. I have seen two angels together in a 65g I think.

Lemonpeel angel
Blue spotted angel

Chalk Bass
Blue Hamlet
Hawkfish- Flame

Butterflys-

yellow long nose

Wrasses
Scots Fairy
Carpenters

metaliic foxface ;)

heres my pics :)

Yeah, I know. It's just a wish list of fish. I know I cant have all of them. lol

I also picked some smaller fish as well. :) I wanted a full blown full size angel but I know that's not feasible.

So what say you Mr X on my fishie list?

i'm afraid to say anything. all i say is make sure the fish you want are eating before you buy them. butterflies scare me. i hate watching a fish slowly starve.
angels can be aggressive.
i love flame hawks.
i also love sunburst anthias.

I read alot about angels today and I choose the ones that were suggested were more likely to eat. I know some arent even advised for a tank cause of their feeding habits.

I plan on adding an anthias to the 125g reef so I figured I'd get my anthias fix that way. lol

I alos LOVE the flame hawks but was advised not to put one in my reef tank by the lfs, he said they can go wither way with corals adn can be aggressive.

As far as the angels though, would 2 co exist if introduced at the same time or should I in reality just pick one?

ive never personally owned an angel but i researched it a month or so ago and i noticed a majority of them need eat several times a day:( something to consider being that you have several other tanks to care for as well, as for the foxface, idk if it was mentioned but it top front most fin or two can be poisonous, :) i loveeeee hawkfish!! they are so cool looking :)

***edit*** need fed, not need eat lol

I read alot about angels today and I choose the ones that were suggested were more likely to eat. I know some arent even advised for a tank cause of their feeding habits.

I plan on adding an anthias to the 125g reef so I figured I'd get my anthias fix that way. lol

I alos LOVE the flame hawks but was advised not to put one in my reef tank by the lfs, he said they can go wither way with corals adn can be aggressive.

As far as the angels though, would 2 co exist if introduced at the same time or should I in reality just pick one?

My flame hawk is awesome.... love it. No issues. but the angels, yeah I would chose just 1 IMO

Back
Top Bottom