Carey's 90g FOWLR Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
huma-huma said:
honestly Carey the foxface wouldnt be an issue in terms of stinging, i know they are 2 different fish but my lion wants absolutely nothing to do with me when im in the tank, and like the foxface, their venomous spines are defensive weapons:) only get used when threatened. unless someone were to carelessly reach into and behind rocks, you wont get stung:)

+1 agreed.........

You guys really like those foxfaces dontcha? LOL

I've revamped my list, adding and taking away. If I had my way I would have 9 fish total.

Half black angel OR Black Nox Angel
Soldierfish
Blue Hamlet ( still researching this one)
Flame Hawkfish
Doublesaddle Butterfly OR Yellow long nose Butterfly
Sand Perch
Blue assessor

I'm still stuck on the wrasses, I want two of them. These are now my choices:
banana wrasse
Pink face wrasse
Carpenters (maybe too peaceful)
McCoskers (maybe too peaceful)
OR if possible a harelquin Tusk Depends, my tank might be too small for one so he might have to come off the list

So what do you think now? I think I've made some great progress. It's kinda fun to plan a stock list so early, I generally wing it after the tank is setup or at least halfway up. LOL

I have an ad out on CL for a stand, here in the classified section and I will call around tomorrow and see of I can't get the number of the custom made guy from my LFS.

I think this might get off the ground in about 2 weeks or so. Depends on when I sell my 20L officially and get the money and when I sell my 55g that I use for a qt. That 55g will fetch a pretty penny I bet with all thats included. :-D

angels don't need to eat that much. i have a flame angel in the 150 at the gym that eats 2 x a week with the rest of the crew. foxface are nothing to be worried about. i've kept a few of them and they all high-tail it for the rock work when a hand comes in the tank. including the one in the 150 presently.

this guy is pretty neat too....
lg-80735-Pinkface.jpg

Foxface is a must!!!!!! Mine won't come out when I'm working on the tank. I have moved the tank as well and no issues with him

Yep, from what I read they are jumpers. I will be doing a covered tank on this build so I can finally have one! Or two if possible.
;-)

The wrasses are so beautiful I;m having a hard time deciding.

In anyones opinion is a harlequin tusk too big for a 90?

Yeah thats what I was thinking. None of the fish are really ginormous that I;m looking at and I paln on ample swimming room. So on the list he stays. Unless they arent affordable then Imight take it off, all depends.

indian ocean variant(slightly less colorful) --89.99 on liveaquaria
australian ocean(more colorful)--189.99 on liveaquaria......

and not always kio, gotta take into consideration their adult size, and swimming habits, harrlequin tusks can reach 10" and arent very overly active swimmers i believe.

:nono:Ok, I did it!!! I finally put up the 55g setup on craigslist. Once this moves in comes the 90g. I am heartbroken though, I hate to see that tank go. It's my baby. I mean seriously, I love that setup, everything about it from the stand to the skimmer and lights, it all worked so well together.

I'm really gonna miss it if it sells.... **sniffle sniffle**

Back
Top Bottom