Carey's Bio Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well yeah isn't your tank still dry as of now? LOL

Anyway, back on topic. As far as this hobby $100 isnt a lot of money, sadly. And yeah, you can definitely piece what you can out.

I've bought several of my setups including my 125g from craigslist and had no problem. Just odds i guess weren't in my favor forever. The thing is the guy who sold it seemed soo legit. He lived in a 500k house, was driving a lexus and he wouldn't budge one dollar on the price. I guess i just assumed. Fool me once shame on you, but fool me twice, shame on me. LOL

I still have to get the sand out, do you think it would be ok for a week or two in a bucket?

Not sure if I'm gonna replace it next week or the following week. I really really wanna order a new one now. lol

I was going to keep water in with the sand too or is that a bad idea? So much for my live sand, huh? hehe

I'm sure you were careful when transporting it, but it could have been fine for him, and moving it loosened something?

I'm sure you were careful when transporting it, but it could have been fine for him, and moving it loosened something?

Either that or the rock. He had it almost full up with no rock. It was fine for me for one day with water then i put the rock in and it just gave way. :-(

Not sure if I'm gonna replace it next week or the following week. I really really wanna order a new one now. lol

I was going to keep water in with the sand too or is that a bad idea? So much for my live sand, huh? hehe

You can. If you're okay with it possibly smelling. That's all I think would happen

Well yeah isn't your tank still dry as of now? LOL

Anyway, back on topic. As far as this hobby $100 isnt a lot of money, sadly. And yeah, you can definitely piece what you can out.
Leak testing was on for this week but it keeps raining. Plus new = replacement if it won't hold water :)

Carey, It can always become live again. I'd just drain it until it's covered, obviously it may not stay live depending on how long it takes to replace the tank, but keeping water in a leaking tank would make me nervous.

Yeah, I have about an inch of water in yet with the sand. Just not looking forward to scooping out all of it. LOL

Cool.Thank guys. heading over to check it out now :-D

Aww man they don't have the 29g cube tank. Darn it! LOL

Good pull though. I'll be playing on that site for a bit!

The lowest price I can find on google's compare prices thingy is 249.99 from three places (including pet solutions). I don't think you're going to find much better. :)

I think I may jump on this. Wonder if the $30 gift card is for their store or a general one to use anywhere? If i order now it says 3 business days, so I'd get it by Wednesday or Thursday. Gotta see if I can be that patient.

This site also has really good prices on everything, I may get a bucket of tropic marin for 69.99 with free shipping. Lots of neat stuff I'd recommend a looksie.

Exact same tank just doesn't leak! ROFL.....Glad I can laugh about it....

Yeah theres alot of good prices I'm still looking. Will be bookmarking that site

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom