Carey's Bio Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
carey said:
Not really. He'll go up sometimes when I feed but otherwise he's bottom to middle. He does like a hidey hole though.

Interesting. What's the smallest tank you think he could fit in?

If he were the only fish i think he could go into a ten. I think they reach 3.5 inches when fully grown. :)

I guess he's my fave too, I spend sooo much more time, money and attention on him over the others. LOL he is still only eating emerald entree frozen food. I just bought 4 more this past week with no luck. Cyclopeez, plankton, minced clam, mysis, brine, baby, brine and about 6 or 7 assorted cube packages.
he has cost me over $200 if you count the food and pod tank. Which by the way seems to be cycled now. Finally...

I have seen just a few larger pods on the rocks but the smaller ones are starting to appear on the glass.

And I have actively been trying to get a picture of the scooter with his sailfin thing up, he is such a tease. But I'll get him eventually....

That's a lot of $$ you've spent on this little fish! But it's worth it as long as he is happy and fat, isn't it? Is there any reason you don't feed him emerald entree only if he doesn't like anything else? Oh btw, is it a he or a she??
I'll be waiting for that pic with his fin!

When I set up my big tank (whenever that happens!) I'm gonna try a mandarin - of course not before the tank matures enough!
Are you still considering one for your 125g?

The emerald entree isnt' very high protein, its like 6.2% or something like that. I;d like to try baby mysis but can only find it online and I'm not overnighting fish food. lol

Yeah, I think I'm gonna go for an ORA mandarin. My LFS has them for $40. I'm hoping to get a refugium sump for the big tank, so I'll take everything outta the pod tank and put it in there. Not sure how long I'll wait but I think it will be a month or two at least.

gah ive been outta the game for 2 weeks because of the downed app for those who don't know app is only way ii can acess. Carey update me whtd ii miss?

I got my gobies but one got lost after I put it on. :-(So I have 1 candycane, 1 citron goby,the scooter and a female oscellaris. :)

I also got a 125g thread going. Reef tank. woot!

carey said:
True. My lawnmower blenny does that too but he's always perched watching me or something else, LOL kinda has a neat personality

Because of you its my dream to get one!lol. They are so awesome!

carey said:
I'm definitely liking the midas blenny. Now if I can just find one locally....

I do have another question. I am thinking about buying this

BioCube 29 Package Deal - Aquarium Filtration Upgrades & Supplies

It has a media basket and a fuge too! I was thinking on just getting the media basket though as I can't find a light to put on the tiny fuge. The only one I found is like $60!! If I just put in the media basket what else can I put in the fuge spot? I was thinking of putting a cheap biocube skimmer in the far right compartment since I don't use a heater. Or does it go in with the return pump? I'm confused AGAIN LOL

The skimmer can go in the right chamber. I wouldn't get the fish saver unless u need it but I'm pretty sure all of the newer cubes have it built in. Also I have had my biocube skimmer running for almost two weeks and I havnt skimmed anything it's bubbling correctly but nothing is building up I'm leaving it in till sat if not going to try n fit the aqualife 115 back in it was working great

I just purchased the fuge and media basket from someone on the forum. I don't have jumping fish so I won't miss the fish saver. LOL

So the biocube skimmer isnt generating anything at all? Is it possible to adjust that model? I have also heard of adding extra airstones to produce more bubbles.

I'm not sure about moding it but the airstones for it are 4 bucks a piece it recommends changing them monthly seems like a lot of money to keep spending for something that does not work very well I don't understand how it really takes in new water

Well it's been awhile since I posted here LOL. Since I will be stocking the 125g soon I figured I'd finish stocking the cube.

I now have a scooter dragonet, a citron goby, a pair of misbar oscellalris and the darn tiny candy cane goby.

I want to put in a midas blenny and a warpaint clown goby. :)

Sound ok? The candy cane might be moving to a pico tank but he's got 0 bioload and is never out so I figure he doesn't really count. hehe

I'm thinking 6 fish in a 29g is the top limit for stocking level, am I right?

Hmm I thought he'd be ok. The citron is VERY laid back, he lets the other fish sit on his head sometimes. I've seen the scooter on his head, and the one clown on the scooters head. They make like a fishie pyramid. LOL

But seriously, you think they'd fight? The warpaint clown goby is pretty small, maybe into the pico with the candycane?

The warpaint clown goby might be okay in the pico, but my LFS tells me that you cannot put two clown gobys together unless they are a mated pair, and two different colored ones can't be a mated pair. It is also very hard to pair them up since it's hard to tell the sex.

I haven't done any personal research on this but my LFS specializes in only SW and is owned by one guy who has only one other employee, both are very knowledgeable in SW. (just to state that it's a reliable source haha)

You should start a thread about it maybe. :)

Back
Top Bottom