Carey's Cichlids :-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
So since I spent so much time on my saltwater fish yesterday I figured I;d showcase, the best i can anyways, some of my cichlids in their 125g.

Couldn't get decent shots of them all but got a few!

img_1524207_0_46ab75078ff261d58c6d0c4388700e72.jpg

img_1524207_1_908d476ab64d90c66601e137fcc7a5f5.jpg

img_1524207_2_52ecaecc169d892e76d922311527a364.jpg

img_1524207_3_625d8db60aacff85f4440416542a83ec.jpg

Those are very colorful cichlids! I like the one with the blue and the black.

Last edited:
Very cool looking fish, I wish one day I could do a big cichlid tank I really like to do a peacock tank.

the blue and black one is a johanni, an mbuna. I had all mbuna for a time but switched to haps and peacocks but two of the mbuna's we had to keep. The johanni is very nice, keeps to himself mostly, he never really comes out exceot for feeding.

The other blue ones are red empresses. I have 3 males of those. :)

Not the best ratio of fish and mix but it's worked for about a year now with absolutely no issues. The mbunas were a bit too aggressive and all they did was make babies. lol

Whats the first one? Very nice I want to make my 55gal into a cichlid tank

The first one is a male obliquen(sp?), we have two, we call them the idiot fish cause they chase each other back and forth all day.

And nope, tree root is fake. LOL When I saw it I just had to have it. It's so hard to work with the 125g for the cichlids, I didn't want too too much going on but they need their territory so in it went.

:-D

Would that kind fit in a 55? I love the colors on him! that keeps them in shape lol

I wouldnt put any of the fish I have into a 55g though, they do get rather big.

I'd think a 75 or better. While they arent as aggressive as mbuna they still have their moments and the more room the better. :)

Ah ok ha I will have to buy a new tank in the future. Thanks for the info!

Those are amazing fish. The johanni looks awesome. I also am a big peacock fan. They show such wonderful colors!

Thanks so much. Mainly the reason we switched to peacocks and haps from the mbuna we had. The colors are amazing and they are a bit more mellow as well. lol

Hey Carey. I noticed were from the same neck of the woods. Have you checked out Mikes Cichlids?

In new symrna. It's actually a cichlid farm. He has on his property. It's his business. No showcase, but he has tons of fish, he'll scoop them up in the big bins he breeds them in and you pick away!!! If your intrested I could get you his number. I love going there.

Thats what gary does too! He has some up front but we go in the back and pull out dozens in one swoop from the vats! Then we just pick what we want. :)

Back
Top Bottom