Carey's LAST Build- 125g Reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Reading your thread is getting me excited about me getting my 125 or 90 cuz I found the 125 with just tank and stand for 250 or the 90 which has 8 koralias, 10 gallon sump, ATO, 2 skimmers, 2 RO/DI units, 8 bulb T5 unit, and a tank stocked with corals including birdnest coral and a G. Clam for 1,000. I find it hard to believe since he didn't post any pictures lol Sorry for hijacking your thread though.

Did my morning water tests on the 125g. No ammonia, nitrites or nitrates as far as I can tell. I kinda wish i had some trates just so I know things are going well. LOL I haven't tested with the salifert yet, maybe later, I try to save those tests for special times. hehe

I'm still loosing siphon on my overflow so I am going to bite the bullet and buy a continuous overflow. There goes $125 bucks I wasn't planning on.

I will be listing the current overflow on craigslist or eBay maybe, try to get some of my money back. Just goes to show I shouldn't have tried to cut corners as far as cost.

Ok, so I was productive today!

I ordered my new overflow, went fish/coral shopping and got the sand for my pico.

I didn't get any fish, I was really tempted but I held strong. I did however pick up a few things:

img_1390209_0_a810973dfe413872dd021bb4f6b0f728.jpg

img_1390209_1_c0b78efff97d76e3d3ba34fc790a19b8.jpg

img_1390209_2_d7a2f5386e40bd6c9cbebea6eb52130a.jpg

These guys are all in the 55g for now. :)

Yes, I picked up a brain, candycanes and the star fish. The candycane was HUGE so I got it even though I have a smaller specimen. My first star fish, I'm very excited! He's already in the glass looking cool....

carey said:
Yes, I picked up a brain, candycanes and the star fish. The candycane was HUGE so I got it even though I have a smaller specimen. My first star fish, I'm very excited! He's already in the glass looking cool....

i want a brain so bad there a pretty epic coral

It looks like my old star, I was told at the time I purchased it that it was an Orange conical star, but there is no such thing I could find. I did find one at another LFS calling it an Orange knobby, reef safe "with caution". Mine loved munching on snails, didn't have corals with him, so I couldn't say it will or won't eat them.

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
why would something eat corals? i never could quite wrap my head around that

Apparently they as tasty as they are beautiful, lol.

Lol, mine was in a fowlr and still ate anything it could, a lot of snails and hermits lost their lives in vein, lol. I will say this, it was extremely hardy, and he took raw scallops by hand, which was pretty cool.

Not only will it eat as many inverts as it can, bu that star has been known to go after corals too.

That star is seriously picky and very much not reef safe.

Red Knob Sea Star

Oh Flake, why oh why do i do this to myself?

I don't have my identification book yet but i went ahead and bought something wrong again..:-(

Are we sure he's not reef safe? Cause I can put him in my cube i suppose..no corals in there....

I was sooo insistant with the guy today too, I asked him I don't know how many times if it was reef safe.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom