Careys New 55g Reef Help thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anybody there? LOL

I just moved my skimmer and one koralia over too. Started moving some corals but I'm still unsure if I should. I can't move the fish until I get another set of clowns as I need to introduce them at the same time to the 55g.

So does my rockwork look terrible? I'm trying....

I think it looks good! And once you put in some coral to break it up it'll be great!

Thanks for that. I'm getting antsy. Do you know if my 29g will be ok for a couple of days without the rock, power heads and skimmer?

not sure about the 29. i would keep a close eye on it. you removed a lot of surface area all of the sudden. what fish are in it still? i don't see any in the pic.

I have a pair of b&w oscellaris and a lawnmower blenny. Oh and a sea hare. :)

I can go tomorrow if necessary to get the other pair of clowns, I was just wanting to monitor the new 55g for a few days.

I got impatient and put everything but the clowns and an elegance coral into the 55g. I hope my impatience doesn't hurt the fish. :)

I'm still debating on when to add the clowns. If I move them tonight does anyone think it'd be ok to get the other clowns tomorrow? The ones I have are babies and havent really gotten into territories yet.

Thanks !!

i'm going out of town to myrtle beach til tuesday when i get back i plan to add my first live stock since my tank has been motionless for the last 2 weeks lol tank finally finished that fishless cycle im going to be getting 2x true clowns

Just finished moving everything including the clowns. How's it look? I'm pretty pleased with it. Tomorrow I will go out and get another pair of clowns and maybe a goby if they are in yet.

img_1279426_0_d70a3a703933a2896bf68c679f0bc28c.jpg

Looks pretty nice, I hope everything does well with the transition!! Do the lights have other settings or is it always that blue? (i like the blue just wondering)

what are you going to do with the 29 gallon now?

I just put the blues on for the picture. :)

Thanks guys!

The clowns seem to be adjusting well and the blenny is right at home. can't wait to get my new friends tomorrow, its been a few weeks since I got any new fish.

here are some shots of my new babies. I got a pair of Misbar oscellaris and a pink spotted watchman. :)

img_1280792_0_dde64f75f041bd5796a0da81f69e33b9.jpg

img_1280792_1_26881fd71f484d8d74515be157ac7400.jpg

Love the new clowns!! I was just looking at the misbar clowns in a book today, I'm going to get a small clown for my nano since the dwarf angel didn't work out so well.

i saw picasso ones and snowflakes today too. But at $200 a set i had to pass. I'm thinking of starting a nano and put in a set of cool ones. The one misbar has like no bars and the other one has his bar on one side cut in half.

LOL Anything to be different. You should get a cool clown, they are soo much fun. What happened with your angel? I was looking at them but I'm not sure they are reef safe

Yah they have a pair of small snowflakes at my LFS now for 125 each...but i don't want to overstock my tank and only wanted to get one clown. I couldn't bring myself to separate the two haha. They are getting more in soon, a variety of kinds so i'll have to go look.

I had a flameback angel, beautiful fish and he was doing well in the nano. He left my corals alone...until i tried to make frags of the birdsnest. He would pick at the small pieces and kill them. Then i had to move a plate coral from my seahorse tank to the nano and he was all over that. I then moved the angel to the seahorse tank since it has only mushroom and zoas. He was doing good in there for about 2 weeks, then suddenly he got aggressive and started picking at the horses so he had to go back :(.

Aww thats too bad. The clown should be a good replacement plus if you get one of the premium ones even better. i also saw totally unmarked clowns today, $80 for the set. i really really should have gotten those.

My boyfirend mentioned he could always buy me them for a birthday or something so I'm hopeful. I thought i would hate the clowns but they turned into my second favorite fish.

Yah i saw those ones in the book too! They looked real nice, I can always order one too from my LFS if i need, he can usually get me anything.

First fav being the tangs? haha I saw a sailfin tang at the store today too that was about the size of a loony! soo cute but he would be for the big tank and being that small our yellow tang might pick on him...plus they are from the same family. We are definitely looking for a second tang for the large tank though.

Yep I am the tang lover. lol Do you know of any tangs that would be happy in a four foot tank? I'm searching and searching. I do intend to upgrade this tank by years end but I'd like it now. hehe

haha yup we are crossing threads..and no i don't sorry. I do think a small tang would be fine for the time being in your tank though. I've seen very very small ones at my LFS so they can be found haha look into getting an eibli tang...i had one that was just over an inch and a powerhead malfunction killed him (which i feel absolutely awful about). He had so much personality though and was the cutest little guy ever. I'm going to look into getting another. They aren't too common though i think...i cant find many pics or info of them online.

Back
Top Bottom