Carey's Pico Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Forgot the pictures. I'll have to move the barnacle out but this is how it looks now.

img_1401463_0_da88ebc18f953f4b7532f9dd2cf5a776.jpg

img_1401463_1_2dbb3f321b38fa7d50f0037370235f58.jpg

Well so far I have two porcelains and one sexy shrimp, I am going to add at least two more sexy shrimp, possible two pom pom crabs, and two or three pedersons shrimp if my LFS can find them for me (might be awhile)

For fish I'm going to add three of those natans and I was also considering getting some of the trimma tevegae. Both are rare in aquariums which would be awesome.

That does sound awesome! Good for you! You also have a bigger pico than me so you can get away with it I guess. I'm pretty down right now, :-(, I need to do something to cheer me up. Like mess with a fish tank I guess.

Now if my tangs come in today that will probably make me happier.

That does sound awesome! Good for you! You also have a bigger pico than me so you can get away with it I guess. I'm pretty down right now, :-(, I need to do something to cheer me up. Like mess with a fish tank I guess.

Now if my tangs come in today that will probably make me happier.

haha awe, if it makes you feel any better I would still do the barnacle in the tank, I don't think it would even realize it was in a small tank since they don't leave their hole, it's all about how you feel about it I guess. There will always be people telling you what you are doing is wrong at some point in SW keeping lol. You could also consider replacing it with a different goby, the green striped goby is really awesome.

Here's a bad thing about black sand. i can see the pods crawling all over now. LOL At least I have them although I don't know what will eat them. Do you think they will die off?

Today is shopping day! On the look out for sexy shrimp and pom poms. :)

wish me luck! can't wait to have something that actually moves around in the tank LOL

carey said:
Today is shopping day! On the look out for sexy shrimp and pom poms. :)

wish me luck! can't wait to have something that actually moves around in the tank LOL

Lol! Luck wished! Have fun!

I got lucky today!! I found a green clown goby and a porcelain crab for this tank. The goby is ALOT smaller than I thought, I hope it will be ok in there. :)

\They are acclimating now. Pictures coming soon!

All done getting them in the tank! Woot! I finally have some livestock. LOL

The goby is half the size of the crab, I hope that he will be ok and not get eaten.

here are the pictures, I changed some of the rock a bit and will probably do it again.

img_1404777_0_438e7dc45df8c6710b06a52320ff546a.jpg

img_1404777_1_16612508adba45fe51c8508fd9a797c7.jpg

img_1404777_2_ced832328aaff8a6d12508162c7c4d8a.jpg

the goby looks like it should be really big...i dont know why,tank looks awesome.

I'm still planning 3 sexy shrimp and a pom pom crab.

i will also probably get the barnacle blenny as well, if he is big enough I will put him in the biocube. If he is a half inch like they say he will go in the pico until he reaches full size. i can always move the barnacles.

I was wondering, since sun polyps don't require high light can I out a tiny one in the pico? It would make it easier to feed it as well. I wasn't gonna put any more corals in but I've always wanted the suns. The cube is pretty much fish only and the 125g I think will be a real hassle to feed it in plus theres alot of light.

Any thoughts guys?

So long as you diligently maintain water quality I see no reason why not. Keep in mind you'd have to do a lot more water changes (though it's only a few gallons to change, lol) to keep nutrients low. You'd be feeding the suns more than you'd be feeding the entire tank.

Yeah i was figuring on using a syringe to feed it but I figure there will be alot of leftovers. And with only 2 tiny fish I don't see them eating enough of it. lol

I figure on changing a quart every few days, I use those chinese soup plastic containers. So far the water is 0 across the board.

Back
Top Bottom