Carey's Pico Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
My wonderful UPS guy just delivered my Pico!

Time to unpack and play with it!

Pictures coming :-D

So excited! I love building new tanks

So it's a 4g all glass tank. The filter is soo tiny but does 30gph supposedly. I was gonna get a heater for this but the light puts off ALOT of heat so I might just try that.

I was thinking black sand for this one but don't want it to be too dark. I was thinking of not putting a background on as well.

Any one think a background would look good, or any opinions on sand color? I'm torn between them...LOL

img_1388329_0_45a1ceb81dc6cb275f2dbe6a72ed444d.jpg

img_1388329_1_167b789158afee2a5ff2494c2408c58a.jpg

img_1388329_2_3dbcb4304b35eb4c925f964bea43d5cb.jpg

Thanks Kelsey. Whatcha think about the sand though? I'm kinda leaning towards black. I don't think I'll be putting alot of rock in this, but I was thinking on some zooa's. I love me some zooa's. I am soo gonna have a zooa section in the 125g. LOL

i think black sand would look awesome in that little of a tank.....id try it with no backround cause it looks so clean just glass like that

I was thinking black too, where are you putting this tank? where it's sitting in the picture? I'll go look at those other picos that have black sand and see what I think again haha.

Ok so no background. :)

And still on the line about the black sand. I saw a tank yesterday on here that had black sand and it seemed washed out. But it was a far bigger tank as well....

Oh, it's going in the kitchen on the counter. :)

That's good a nice bright background so the black doesn't look too dark! It's a hard choice, I just looked at BadFish's again and his looks nice, a bit dirty though, also he has those really blue lights. I don't know now haha I'm so terrible with decisions on sand!

Yeah, black was my first choice too! I guess I have a decision made. lol Black sand it is!

And no background either. ;-)

Now to rob the biocube of it's rock. I'm gonna do the basket mod on it and use the rock rubble in the back compartment for the pico.

I'm constantly re-using and recycling my live rock. It's so awesome to have so much of it for once.

haha, way to stay 'green' Gotta love all that extra live rock!!

Here's 2 pictures of how the tank is set up in the kitchen. I was worried about the window but the fry tank sat under it and stayed pretty constant as far as temperature.

img_1388402_0_29ee50159434a149ebfeda1d65b0f1db.jpg

img_1388402_1_9effe1c5f786c158864666283e8b0a55.jpg

Looking good! Can you put the filter on the right side of the tank so you don't see as much of that cord behind it? Or does the light get in the way?

You gotta link to the site you bought that seup? Looks like a perfect size for kitchen counter as well! I also have a 125 I'n the livingroom but want another small tank to start out zoas I'n. I just love zoas! Thanks I'n advance...

I got it from finnex.com. It was cheaper in the end over other retailers. They have a special $5 shipping deal for the aquarium. They also have the replacement filters cheap and the light bulb too.

It's really sturdy and the equipment is solid too.

carey said:
So it's a 4g all glass tank. The filter is soo tiny but does 30gph supposedly. I was gonna get a heater for this but the light puts off ALOT of heat so I might just try that.

I was thinking black sand for this one but don't want it to be too dark. I was thinking of not putting a background on as well.

Any one think a background would look good, or any opinions on sand color? I'm torn between them...LOL

Wow., your kitchen looks soooooooooo clean!!! You ought see mine,......naw on second thought maybe not .

Back
Top Bottom