Carey's Pico Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FINALLY, after a wek of squirting rods coral food over my sun polyps they opened last night! I hope they continue to do this, but whew, thats one worry off my mind. :) They weren't open fully but open enough to get some food. Maybe they just weren't hungry....LOL

Awesome, glad they finally opened some for you.

Today is the day I go on my search for my new upgrade for the pico. I literally have corals falling all over overnight so it;s time to get them a new tank. Just hope I can find a nice one. This next one will be almost strictly corals and maybe the new clowns I got yesterday along with the clown goby that lives in the pico now. :)

I may even settle for a deep blue tank with the bottom rim and the top rimless. Also have to consider a stand for this new tank too. If I go with the 24" Mr aqua I can place it right where the pico is now on my counter in the kitchen. But if I go bigger I will need a stand.

I'm not sure what i will do with the pico after the upgrade, I bought so much stuff for it so I might be able to sell it on craigslist. or maybe even list it here. :)

Another "bad" thing is I will be seeing ALOT of corals today and no doubt one or 5 will make it home with me. LOL I was hoping to wait though so I guess we'll just see.

I literally have corals falling all over overnight so it;s time to get them a new tank. Just hope I can find a nice one.

I have a beautiful 45 gal that has plenty of room for corals. Just send them on up to me and I will make sure they are well taken care of. :angel:

LOL. Don't you wish? hehe...actually most of the pico corals are very tiny and frags right now. I'll for sure have to get a boatload to fill up a new tank. And finally learn how to frag since I have a bunch in my 125g that are getting way too big. But thats ANOTHER thread!

Today is the day I go on my search for my new upgrade for the pico. I literally have corals falling all over overnight so it;s time to get them a new tank. Just hope I can find a nice one. This next one will be almost strictly corals and maybe the new clowns I got yesterday along with the clown goby that lives in the pico now. :)

I may even settle for a deep blue tank with the bottom rim and the top rimless. Also have to consider a stand for this new tank too. If I go with the 24" Mr aqua I can place it right where the pico is now on my counter in the kitchen. But if I go bigger I will need a stand.

I'm not sure what i will do with the pico after the upgrade, I bought so much stuff for it so I might be able to sell it on craigslist. or maybe even list it here. :)

Another "bad" thing is I will be seeing ALOT of corals today and no doubt one or 5 will make it home with me. LOL I was hoping to wait though so I guess we'll just see.

Can't wait to see the new tank!

I got one today thankfully. Boy do I need it! Woke up this morning and every single coral was on the sandbed. lol silly little emerald crabs and the porcelain must have fun when the lights goout. lol

carey said:
I got one today thankfully. Boy do I need it! Woke up this morning and every single coral was on the sandbed. lol silly little emerald crabs and the porcelain must have fun when the lights goout. lol

lol I'm planning on getting a couple but now I'm worried cuz if it knocks down corals then I need to place them back to where they were before and isnt fun with an aggressive lionfish LOL

Just was messing with the pico and my pom pom crab was dead....:-(

This day get better and better....

I moved the mjority of the corals over to the 20g already, not sure what killed the crab so I figured clean and pristine (for now) water would dothem good. Within a halgf hour my duncan opened up alot more than usual and all my zooas immediately opened. Waiting to see how the rest do. Will test in the am to make sure the ammonia is still at 0.

ihad a HUGE temo swing about 3 weeks ago but everything made it through. The pom pom did lose both her anenmoes so maybe she just wasnt able to eat. She was fine the day before too. Kinda sad, my first pico loss....she was a doll though, so cute.....Don't think i will be replacing her though as the pico is now in the 20g rimless.

Time to sell another tank! woohoo. lol

So it's been almost 3 months since I started this tank. How time flies.....

Just spent a good hour cleaning and scrubbing the tank and getting it ready to sell.

I have to admit it was ALOT of work for such a tiny tank even with me being home all day to care for my fish.

I'm sure someone will buy it and enjoy it as much as I did. It was a beautiful tank all filled up with corals.

From this
img_1511680_0_b8eab706ddc778dc020ddcfbd0aec801.jpg

To this was quite alot of fun

img_1511680_1_a53da52e23a0201fdfd3dd80fcb89128.jpg

img_1511680_2_6f42cbb9fd345cf299054de76840b8fb.jpg

I hope you all enjoyed the build and maybe learned something along the way.

SO far the only thing I have left in it is the sun polyps, I figure I'll keep them in there until it's sold. make it easier to feed. :)

Thank you all so much for all the advice and compliments. I really did appreciate it.

I moved everything into my new rimless tank though. So it's like the pico just bigger. And I get to get ALOT more coral. And real sized fish too. LOL

Thanks alot though, I love that pico....

For sure a fantastic build and thread... I can't figure out if I want to do a 29 cube or a pico next... hmmmm...

carey said:
So it's been almost 3 months since I started this tank. How time flies.....

Just spent a good hour cleaning and scrubbing the tank and getting it ready to sell.

I have to admit it was ALOT of work for such a tiny tank even with me being home all day to care for my fish.

I'm sure someone will buy it and enjoy it as much as I did. It was a beautiful tank all filled up with corals.

From this

To this was quite alot of fun

I hope you all enjoyed the build and maybe learned something along the way.

SO far the only thing I have left in it is the sun polyps, I figure I'll keep them in there until it's sold. make it easier to feed. :)

Thank you all so much for all the advice and compliments. I really did appreciate it.

You remind me of that Miley Cyrus song "It's the Climb",LOL

Back
Top Bottom