Carey's Rimless LED Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Carey - I really like this one. Nice crisp blue-white. Try it out. If you don't like it I'll buy it from you, need to replace mine in about 6 months anyways.

I'm in the tampa bay reef club. Good peeps. We have a par meter for members too. I know a couple people in orca. Very nice people.

I just joined up. :) I will play around on their site later, so much to do here and for my tanks. lol

Glad you joined a club Carey, if you want to learn, I'm sure you'll be learning alot there. But don't forget....while you're learning.....HAVE FUN!! :)

Funny, I was looking at the ORCA site just the other day and joined LOL but my life is so busy, I doubt I have enough time to go or read there.

It's a very slow forum, took a day for my first post to be moderated and put up. But I'm hopeful. This is still my number one place to go, just wanted to see about swap meets and the such if I were to particpate.

Added a new addition to this tank, a toadstool leather. :)

img_1532324_0_ca4d8b07155d1c2ef8af4102edc26979.jpg

Yep, they are leathers and grow quite quickly too and are very easy to keep.

I was missing one for this tank, I feel it's coming along quite nicely now.

just gotta get rid of the tiny patch of cyano that I have. :-( darn algae....

Thanks X, it's growing on me more each day. I just think the corals needed to acclimate they now are looking like they used to, in fact some a bit better than before. Duncans are really spreading out now. :)

Plus I knocked the flow down from a single koralia 750 to 2 425's.

I'm still gonna think about LED's but I think the MH willdo me for some time. I may even order a 14k bulb and see the difference since the 14k that came withit was pretty much blackened out and useless. lol

Yep, they are leathers and grow quite quickly too and are very easy to keep.

I was missing one for this tank, I feel it's coming along quite nicely now.

just gotta get rid of the tiny patch of cyano that I have. :-( darn algae....

That's great now I can get one.... I think. I have a Devil's hand now, which is doing great, so a toadstool would probably be fine, right?:thanks: I hate yano too, my snails are doing a good job with it though.

I only have 3 hermits and 2 peppermints in this tank so no one is eating it. lol I plan on using some chemi clean later today. The spot is only like 3 4 inches but I don;t want it to spread. I also had limited water circulation so I think thats where it came from. I hardly feed the tank anything since all I have is a goby and a barnacle blenny. lol

I only have 3 hermits and 2 peppermints in this tank so no one is eating it. lol I plan on using some chemi clean later today. The spot is only like 3 4 inches but I don;t want it to spread. I also had limited water circulation so I think thats where it came from. I hardly feed the tank anything since all I have is a goby and a barnacle blenny. lol

I bought some chemiclean too, but I decided not to use it. Do you follow the directions or do you do it a different way? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom