Carriwin's Tank Adventures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw some pepper ones which will look really nice against the sand. :) Thanks, again, Shelly! :)

How are your fish doing? Are they any better?

The sand was a nice change - well worth the effort in the end I'm sure, and much nicer than the blue gravel.

The sand was a nice change - well worth the effort in the end I'm sure, and much nicer than the blue gravel.

Thanks, Renegade! I'm going to find out how lovely it looks with all my fish either later today or tomorrow. :) (Depends on how late I get home.) I'm getting more and more excited about it the more time passes. :)

I saw some pepper ones which will look really nice against the sand. :) Thanks, again, Shelly! :)

How are your fish doing? Are they any better?

Peppers will look really good.
My fish are still the same :(
And no problem :)

Here it is, with fish!

104771-albums14536-picture70222.jpg

All clear and has finned inhabitants. They were a little confused when I moved them into the big tank again, but ultimately much happier. :) I'm going to probably do a PWC on the 38 for the neons and the tetras and rearrange their decor into something that's not going to be so barren. :)

I may end up wedging some sort of small air stone in the corner behind many artificial plants, just because I'm concerned about the low movement and relatively small churning movement from the filter. I wonder if it will be okay without it? We shall see. If my angels start acting funny, I'll try it with the air. :)

Congratulations! Beautiful set up :) I'm sure that the fish will really appreciate it.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon borara merah and brigittae, shrimp and snails

104771-albums14536-picture70223.jpg

Here is what the 38g looks like at present. :) I'm starting to get a case of the guilts though with my convict fish. I think I'm going to end up changing the substrate in my 30g to black sand and get albino cories to go with my neons, tetras, and betta. I feel bad because he's only in a 30g tank. I won't give up a whole 55g to his tail, but a 38g I can do.

I wonder, does anyone else get guilts over fish like this?

Congratulations! Beautiful set up :) I'm sure that the fish will really appreciate it.

Thank you, shelly!!! They seem to be loving it already when I went home. :) I noticed an instantaneous change in the other fish when I "planted" my 38g, they were so much happier, too.

So, apparently like everyone else here, I have a bad addiction and can't seem to leave well enough alone,... SO...

I'm buying black sand for the 30g tank this afternoon and albino corries to go in it. I'm going to transfer my neons, tetras, and betta to the 30g with them so that way the convict fish has a little more room to swim... because I feel guilty. I'm going to see if I can find a couple of rocks, or a slightly larger log for him to hide in. I'm such a sap.

The albino cories should look striking against the black sand.

Barliman, that's what I'm thinking of. :D In a 30g with everyone else (neons, tetras, and betta) should I still do 5? It seems to be potentially crowded... do you think they'll be alright?

Loved my albino cories, always on the move lol

How many fish have you got in the 30g?

5 will be fine. Can't wait to see pictures! Love cories ;)

5 will be fine. Can't wait to see pictures! Love cories ;)

YAY!! I'm excited. :D My neons are a little more lively now that they're not being over crowded by bigger fish. :D The tetras add juuuuust enough to have a size difference. :D

Do corys need any special hiding spots? Or are they good with average planty things?

My cories never bothered with my caves so no they won't need anything like that, they're too busy zooming around Lol

So,... here it is...

104771-albums14536-picture70233.jpg

My 38g with my now-happy convict fish. He was a little confused, and is still a little shy, but still happier.

And, for the grand reveal....

104771-albums14536-picture70234.jpg

TAH DAH! You can see 4 of the 5 cories swimming around, and my group of neons in the middle section on the right of the plant. Everyone is REALLY happy! I haven't had the chance to pull the white sandy bits out of the tank that had settled in there when I transferred my fish from one tank to the other. But, that's tonight's plan. :D It'll take me about 5 mins anyway. But, I'm really happy with everyone. :) So I think I'm at a decent pause point... at least until I figure out what I'm doing with the 5 gallon bucket worth of gravel I have now...

Congrats! Love the cories, I really miss my albinos loved how they were constantly on the move.
One happy convict too ;)

Back
Top Bottom