Carriwin's Tank Adventures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So,... I scored a nice 10G tank with a hood, filter, heater, decor, water test kit, food, chemicals, the WHOLE nine yards.

104771-albums14536-picture70283.jpg

OMG! I had that exact gravel (my Dad called it "tutti-frutti") in my first tank back in the 70s! (Hey, it matched the shag carpeting.) :ROFLMAO:

It's a blank slate waiting for mayhem to happen. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1465620747.774608.jpg

Imagine this with a white betta hovering. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Barliman: Awesome, I'll aim for the Anubias then. What are crypts? (I think dank burial places for the dead. LOL)

Mercusso: Thanks! I usually feel bad, because I'm always afraid they don't have enough air, even though I know they get it from the atmosphere. LOL I know it's illogical, but there it is. I am also trying to think of ways to bring Patriot to work with me and have him here,... but my desk just isn't big enough. Maybe I can convince my boss to put a mini tank stand next to me for him. LOL

Alan: Thanks! That piece of "driftwood" was actually an inheritance piece from a friend of mine... and I think he got it at Petsmart, as I saw a similar piece there the other day. I don't know if they ship to Australia or not, but here's the link to the piece: Driftwood Piece

Thanks Carriwin. It looks pretty convincing in the water.

Maybe you could just bring in the tank stand a week or two before the tank. Cover it with stacks of paper for a fortnight so it looks functional rather than decorative. If the boss doesn't complain about your new extension with papers covering it you then switch out the papers for the tank. Claim patriot is your secretary.

It's a blank slate waiting for mayhem to happen. View attachment 287293

Imagine this with a white betta hovering. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Tmaier, that's a fantastically creepy thought... I'm keeping my eyes out around Halloween (No pun intended) and going to see what I can find. There has to be some other creepy fish aficionados out there who have the same bent to fish tanks that we do...

So,... here's Patriot with some new friends in the 2.5g...

104771-albums14536-picture70294.jpg

And then the plants and such (water still settling)...

104771-albums14536-picture70295.jpg

And the final picture:

104771-albums14536-picture70296.jpg

Everyone together! I'm still working on driftwood or whatever else I might put in there,... we'll see what happens. I put the mystery plants in there, too, as one never knows, they might make the whole scape. Okay, so it looks a little lame at the moment, and probably slightly haphazard, but it's a work in progress. For the record, only the roots are buried, as repeatedly warned, contrary to what the photo looks like. :) I checked. :D

Thanks Carriwin. It looks pretty convincing in the water.

Maybe you could just bring in the tank stand a week or two before the tank. Cover it with stacks of paper for a fortnight so it looks functional rather than decorative. If the boss doesn't complain about your new extension with papers covering it you then switch out the papers for the tank. Claim patriot is your secretary.

The only downside to that theory is that I don't have any immediate electrical plugs where I'm at. They're slightly buried in places that aren't convenient for casual use, so there isn't any place to plug my tank pieces in to.... Otherwise I'd have the perfect place for it and no one would ever notice... except for the people coming in everyday...

104771-albums14536-picture70310.jpg

Took a brilliant picture of Patriot last night. I think he's a little happier to have a 10g to play with now. :)

104771-albums14536-picture70310.jpg

Took a brilliant picture of Patriot last night. I think he's a little happier to have a 10g to play with now. :)

Great pic! One happy betta :) really love the colour ;)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras ,bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

He was being koi :)rofl:) for awhile and wouldn't show me all of his colors so I couldn't take his picture.

Thanks for the compliment! :D He's full of sass that's for sure.

Oh dear :)

Nice looking fish! Looks busy checking the tank out?

Oh yes. He swims around the plants, checking everything out. The cherries like to hang out under the anubias plant, but I caught him swimming through it and over it the other day. :D I hope he uses the leaves to take a nap. :)

Oh yes. He swims around the plants, checking everything out. The cherries like to hang out under the anubias plant, but I caught him swimming through it and over it the other day. :D I hope he uses the leaves to take a nap. :)

I have one of the fake leaves - I should do something more there like a proper plant but I've only seen him on it a few times (maybe doesn't like the texture or something).

Patriot didn't seem to get near the anubias either at first, but I'm not sure if that was his choice or because the barbs were there. You could always try the real thing and see if he prefers it.

Nice tanks Carriwin! Did you get all your Angels at once? Any issues with having 6 in a 55g? I currently have 2 in my 55g community tank, and wanted to get 2 more, but I'm afraid they all won't get along. Especially if a mated pair forms.

Love Patriot. I have 2 Bettas as well. One is in a 20g with some RCS and neon tetras, and the other is in a temporary 5g. Luckily I have 3 empty 10g tanks that I used as grow out tanks, so I plan to move him to his own 10g eventually. Just need to find the time/space for it. And I can totally relate with walking into an LFS and walking out with more than I had originally planned. And no matter what, I always end up in the fish section. Even if it's just to look haha

Sent from my SM-N920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hey Scott! Thanks for the compliment!!! I did not get my angels all in the same place. I bought 3 from Petsmart (had only wanted two, but I couldn't leave the last one there alone) and the other 3 dwarf angels I got from a guy off of Craigslist for 2$ a piece. (Divorce sale). They seem to be doing alright. No one seems to be bickering or under any stress, they're growing like weeds. :D I have them with 2 adult gourami and a pleco and they seem to be happy. :)

Patriot didn't seem too happy last night when I looked in on him and the crew. I put a "house" ornament in there to cut down some of the flow of water. I think he was just tired. I'm about to go check on everyone now.

:)

Sent from a place where the water is fresh and clean and we all swim free.

Back
Top Bottom