Caseys purified water for tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nathenrauch

Aquarium Advice Freak
It says on the bottle that it was purified with rodi I wonder if it's safe?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

RO water doesn't have minerals in it so you would need to add them back in. More toruble than its worth unless you are keeping marine species.

Well it's so I can get an accurate reading on my co2 lvls

I feel like there off from using regular tap water so it's the fluval liquid one

So I'm supposed to dilute the Kh solution to make the reading more accurate?

So I'm supposed to dilute the Kh solution to make the reading more accurate?

Yep, the goal is to hit 4dKH. Using a large amount of water and higher concentration of dKH will give you a better accuracy when you dilute it.

So if it's on a 10 gallon tank that isn't really a large amount of water and it works for tap water to from my understanding?

So if it's on a 10 gallon tank that isn't really a large amount of water and it works for tap water to from my understanding?

The reference solution goes in the drop checker. The water in your tank doesn't matter.

Basically, the co2 will infuse into the drop checker from your tank which infuses into the water in the drop checker. With a 4dkh water solution and the ph drops that you add to it, it will give you a measurable co2 rating.

the dKH buffers the water preventing a pH change while the CO2 works to drop the pH in the drop checker. The ph solution changes color telling you the amount of co2 in the tank.

If you aren't sure on the accuracy of your drop checker, you can manually check the CO2 levels in your tank using this chart.

co2chart.jpg

Sweet thanks a lot you have been a huge help

Back
Top Bottom