Catfish to go with aggressive convict?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sealife

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I seem to have a psychotic female convict cichlid (which I adore), and she's claimed the whole tank hers. She not even scared of me or my hand. She's the only fish in my 27g cube tank. I did have a baby bristlenose, but the convict destroyed her in a matter of hours. I had to take the bristlenose back to the store to save its life.
The convict is 4.5cm long including tail. What catfish can I put with her? I was told a larger bristlenose would work. I may try that, but also any other catfish that can handle this convict?

Pics of convict and tank in my album. To give a better understanding of everything.
Thanks.

Bristlenose are pleco ..I have a rapheal catfish in with my cichlids..they have a armor like shell and have defensive fins. My parrot messed with him once and never tried again

They get a bit big for my tank ;/

I'm thinking a larger bristlenose.

How big do pictus catfish get? I have read 10 places online, all range from 11cm to 25cm+ ;/
I don't know who to believe.

Well I use inches lol and in my experience they get about 8 inches and a bristlenose can get from 6-8 inches. The pleco will be a bigger waste producer. The Raphael length is not an issue, they can get wide and fat. The size of the fish will not matter against a mean convict, it's if they can defend themselves. The raphael is not a super active fish. You say you have 29g and that would be the minimum to keep one. They are a good bottom feeder for aggressive fish

They get a bit big for my tank ;/

I'm thinking a larger bristlenose.

How big do pictus catfish get? I have read 10 places online, all range from 11cm to 25cm+ ;/
I don't know who to believe.

Way too big for a 28G and way too active

I did not even notice he asked about pictus. There are 2 species, one can get 6-8 inches and the other much bigger I'm not sure of the species difference but I know they are very very active fish and need at least 75g or more. I wanted them for my 55 but decided to wait till I upgraded.

Back
Top Bottom