Catfish with cichlid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KKAY27

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a featherfin catfish (I think that's what it's called) that is in my community tank! He is beginning to bother my angelfish and get very large! I was wondering if I could keep him in my 65g cichlid tank? I currently have
3 Bumblebee cichlids (small)
2 blood parrot the rulers of the tank
And a few others!
The tank has about 12 large flowerpots and a few plants! I seen on Instagram were someone had there's feathefin with cichlids! He is super fast and has a attitude! I wanted to add my guppies to the community tank but he will eat them, which he has done before! None of my cichlids are small enough for him to eat

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a featherfin catfish (I think that's what it's called) that is in my community tank! He is beginning to bother my angelfish and get very large! I was wondering if I could keep him in my 65g cichlid tank? I currently have
3 Bumblebee cichlids (small)
2 blood parrot the rulers of the tank
And a few others!
The tank has about 12 large flowerpots and a few plants! I seen on Instagram were someone had there's feathefin with cichlids! He is super fast and has a attitude! I wanted to add my guppies to the community tank but he will eat them, which he has done before! None of my cichlids are small enough for him to eat

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

A malawi tank is a much better aquarium to house a syno cat than a community (depending on the species of syno, but in this case, it applies to a featherfin squeaker well)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have one around 4" and its still pretty docile for a cichlid too but the general perception is that they are highly aggressive. This can be worse when mixing African with central/south american cichlids which is usually discouraged.

Back
Top Bottom