Celebes Halfbeak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

codygregg

Aquarium Advice Regular
Does anyone on here own or know anything about these? My LFS just got some and i'm very interested in them. I read on various sites they are hard to take care of but is that really true?

They are easy to care for, but jumpers. Make sure you have a full hood. They are also live-bearers. Mine wouldn't eat flake or pellets, it had to be frozen foods so find out what they are being fed before you buy them.

Be sure the ones you get are true celebes though. Lots of places mislabel them. There are a few species that do better in brackish than fresh which is why I say be cautious with that.

They are easy to care for, but jumpers. Make sure you have a full hood. They are also live-bearers. Mine wouldn't eat flake or pellets, it had to be frozen foods so find out what they are being fed before you buy them.

Be sure the ones you get are true celebes though. Lots of places mislabel them. There are a few species that do better in brackish than fresh which is why I say be cautious with that.

I have a full hood so I'm good there. What specific frozen food did you give them? And that's great advice. I'll be sure to ask if they are Celebes for sure before I buy them. Thank you!

Mine loves bloodworms but also takes flakes. They are awesome little fish. He reminds me of a friendly version of a barracuda I had. Which was an awesome fish as well

I use frozen, however freeze dried would probably work. Just test him out give a little of different foods and see what he eats

Back
Top Bottom