changing over to dirt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Picked up a bunch of cabomba&a radican sword this weekend for the tank...now wait to see how it grows in...

What cabomba did you get? Red, green, or Furcata. I actually like it but many people have problems with it. I know it likes Glut a lot. Mine doesn't shed or have any issues.

Hoping my current lighting will get some nice coloration out of these plants..running a dual t5 HO at 6700k for 6 hrs daily...dosing pps pro method as well along with glut...

Get a phosphate test kit just like you have for nitrates. API makes one, which is what I use but there are other brands as well.

IMO knowing nitrate and phosphate levels is important in any planted tank. Others may not think so but I test for these two in all my tanks, low to high light.

Hi all. I read thru this thread and enjoyed it. Congrats tiger on your tank! You're a bonified "dirter" now. LOL. Very nice looking tanks. I picked up on one comment about the perozide dip that tipped me I might be doing it wrong. Do you cut the H2O2 50/50 with water? I've treated plants once with it full strength. But it was tough leafed Anubias and a type of fern. OS.

. I picked up on one comment about the perozide dip that tipped me I might be doing it wrong. Do you cut the H2O2 50/50 with water? I've treated plants once with it full strength. But it was tough leafed Anubias and a type of fern. OS.

There are two methods I use for H2O2 dipping. One is when new plants come in (which this is what you should do Brian with the plants I'm sending ) is to place the plants in a dish/container with 3/4 water and about 1/4 of H2O2. Let the plants sit a good 20-30 minutes then plant them without rinsing. This is easier on plants that have been shipped.

Second method is laying paper towels in a sink and laying the plants on top of it. Pour or spray straight H2O2 all over the plants then wrap the wet paper towels over the top of the plants and let them sit 20 minutes. Then plant without rinsing. This method is good for mosses, anubia, and other tougher leaf plants.

Thank you. Boy! I'm sure glad I asked. I'll use the first method for sure on the plants coming. Thanks all. Tiger, am following along. Be sure and keep us updated on progress of your new scape. Can't wait to see how your plants progress. OS.

Back
Top Bottom