changing tank over, from tropical to cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have red zebras (they are orange) and powder blues with my electric yellows. Also, a psycho demasoni, they all get on great! Nice bright tank!

Yes the personality sometimes can change things. I don't think i am special ordering fish anymore... i got 4 electric labs today and they are a step up from the babies . About 2 inches. The only other fish they have that are the same size are Acei. Auratus. Kennyi. Venustus. Damasoni. Milomo.

No on the venustus and milomo Too big. Demasoni stay small and are so colorful. I'd get a group. If I could pick two fave fish from my mixed group it's them and labs. Good contrast in color. Get like 6 and then 4 other of another type of smaller african. From what you said they had looks like the typical petsmart stock I have around here! Don't be scared to put smaller fish in w the labs. They're not too mean and the groups of same fish tend to only mess w eachother when small so if there's something small you like get a group of them too keep us updated!

No on the venustus and milomo Too big. Demasoni stay small and are so colorful. I'd get a group. If I could pick two fave fish from my mixed group it's them and labs. Good contrast in color. Get like 6 and then 4 other of another type of smaller african. From what you said they had looks like the typical petsmart stock I have around here! Don't be scared to put smaller fish in w the labs. They're not too mean and the groups of same fish tend to only mess w eachother when small so if there's something small you like get a group of them too keep us updated!

I kinda just went out and bought some.... lol i have the 4 electric labs, 2 cobalt blue zebra, and 1 red blotch zebra. They are all doing good. The rb zebra keeps to itself, and the electric labs are chasing the cobalts around right now

I kinda just went out and bought some.... lol i have the 4 electric labs, 2 cobalt blue zebra, and 1 red blotch zebra. They are all doing good. The rb zebra keeps to itself, and the electric labs are chasing the cobalts around right now

Nice! Add 5 demasoni (some people say u need larger group of them but I haven't had that experience) and you'll be stocked w a colorful entertaining tank! I love my cobalt blues too they get really dark at feeding time! Beautiful fish.

Nice! Add 5 demasoni (some people say u need larger group of them but I haven't had that experience) and you'll be stocked w a colorful entertaining tank! I love my cobalt blues too they get really dark at feeding time! Beautiful fish.

Yes that is why i bought the cobalts. They only had two there and then got the rb zebra for a pop of color. I will look into getting them. I might get like 4 more labs or 4-5 damasonis

I wouldn't recommend you to get demosani. They are best in a species only tank unless you can match aggression with others, the yellow labs would be in for a hurting.

I have 2 Demasoni in my African tank and they get bullied by an Acei. I think it is all about their demeanor. My Labs do fine with them.

I wouldn't recommend you to get demosani. They are best in a species only tank unless you can match aggression with others, the yellow labs would be in for a hurting.

What else do you suggest that i get then?

What else do you suggest that i get then?

I just finished this tonight, i went out and bought $17 worth of slate and only used 3/4 of it. My dad smashed them into some smaller pieces and i filed all the edges/corners. That pile of slate isn't even all of it. There was about 3 big pieces and 20 small pieces outside i had not filed yet. I love it!

ForumRunner_20130309_224803.jpg

ForumRunner_20130309_224817.jpg

Makes them feel safer. I try to make my caves just a little bigger than they are. They are definitely interesting to watch, I rebuild my caves sometimes to keep it interesting for them and I get to see them pick out their new territories. Fun, fun!

Makes them feel safer. I try to make my caves just a little bigger than they are. They are definitely interesting to watch, I rebuild my caves sometimes to keep it interesting for them and I get to see them pick out their new territories. Fun, fun!

Haha yes. I tried to make a range of different holes so i don't have to make them bigger when the fish grow to big to fit in the small holes

Did you silicone them together? If not, you can rearrange them a lot. If you did, then thinking long term was a good choice!:fish1:

Did you silicone them together? If not, you can rearrange them a lot. If you did, then thinking long term was a good choice!:fish1:

Nope no silicone lol it took me over 2 hours to arrange it and then put it in the tank the se way. I really don't want to change it soon lol

I hear ya! But that is the fun of it. When you get tired of that one or need a deep cleaning, you can do it all over again! That is why I don't silicone.

I hear ya! But that is the fun of it. When you get tired of that one or need a deep cleaning, you can do it all over again! That is why I don't silicone.

Yes i can't stand the look of algea so it May only last about a month

That is about how long I keep the same set up. But I may only partially change it, because I like the same kind of building look you have going.

Back
Top Bottom