changing tank over, from tropical to cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I keep extra rocks so I can have more options for a little change. You did a great job!

Haha thanks! I am shocked that i did that lol. I have about 4 big ones and 10 smaller pieces left. It is just down the road for my to get more also. And very cheap!

Looks even better! My cichs don't knock mine over as long as they are good and stable. I have "built" these for years, they love them! I am the one who knocks them over when I clean sometimes.

Looks even better! My cichs don't knock mine over as long as they are good and stable. I have "built" these for years, they love them! I am the one who knocks them over when I clean sometimes.

Haha thanks! About 3 are kind of iffy but ehh

Nah, I have had huge crashes with no damage to my tanks. It is mostly the little ones on top that fall over and land on the substrate

Nah, I have had huge crashes with no damage to my tanks. It is mostly the little ones on top that fall over and land on the substrate

Ohhhh okay. Do they like go and hit it? The small ones on top are the iffy ones lol.

Most of the time is was me. Occasionally they will in a scuffle but it isn't often and water makes them fall slower

That is a display of dominance, like pre fighting. Sometimes they will do that before mating, but since you just added the rocks, my guess is figuring out pecking order. Not serious, it will settle back down when they figure it out.

That is a display of dominance, like pre fighting. Sometimes they will do that before mating, but since you just added the rocks, my guess is figuring out pecking order. Not serious, it will settle back down when they figure it out.

Okay i guess i will find out soon haha thanks

You are most welcome. I can help if you have any other questions, just PM me. I find this the most interesting behavior, which is why I love cichs! They all have their own personality and ongoing interaction. My daughter calls it the cichlid soap opera haha! Enjoy!

You are most welcome. I can help if you have any other questions, just PM me. I find this the most interesting behavior, which is why I love cichs! They all have their own personality and ongoing interaction. My daughter calls it the cichlid soap opera haha! Enjoy!

Haha yes i am already seeing how everyone is different. Will do! I will have lots of questions haha

I learned the hard way of years on my own! This forum is a wealth of info, with very experienced people willing to help! PM me anytime!

Back
Top Bottom