Charlie's 37 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok, il decide between 10 neons and 6 rasboras. What othe fish that I have are upper?

Angelfish are known to stay near the upper area of the tank. Also, i recommend getting the angel as a juvenile, so he could grow up with the neons or rasbora, and then there will be not as great of a chance of the angel eating them.

Are you going to do Excel? That's easier (in a way) than DIY CO2 but will give your plants a boost.

As stated before, in such a low-light tank, IMO carbon supplementation would have a minimal effect. Since low-light plants grow so slowly, they don't take enough carbon to need co2 injection or liquid carbon supplements like Excel. The amount of carbon in the water is enough to make them thrive. Higher-light plants grow faster, thus taking up more nutrients, and the carbon in the water may bottom out then. That is when you need co2 or Excel.

I purchased the ammonia at ace hardware. Is this the right stuff? It's In a bottle, its clear, says 10%

Yup that's the one! I'll be adding substrate, and my two sweet lava rocks! Should I clean them by puttin in a bucket and rinsing for a couple min?

Was wondering.. Just bought a new flu all air pump, bubbler disc, and tubing. So do I burry the disc under the gravel? And what do ya recommend for algea. 1 rubberlip pleco. 4 otos. Or a bn pleco??

Which arrangement looks best for my lava rocks??

Attachments

• image-12501641.jpg
    image-12501641.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 61
  • image-2317657992.jpg
    image-2317657992.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 55
  • image-3791060546.jpg
    image-3791060546.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 50
  • image-3627857659.jpg
    image-3627857659.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 45
Hi, I have a few questions

1- when in the process of filling the tank does the heater go in? Empty or full
2- does the thermometer that goes on the outside work?
3- how much are filter cartrages?

No it is not too sharp mine loves his

The heater will say on its instructions mine said put in when tank was full wait thirty minutes the turn on
Ye that thermo is great
It will differ a three pack for small is usually $7 my new filters 5 pack was $25 just look t what filter you will get then see how much the right size and right brand will cost

In the process of filling, I'll post pic hopefully tonight!! How much ammonia should I dose? I have the ace hardware stuff, it said in the calculated 5 ml...

In the process of filling, I'll post pic hopefully tonight!! How much ammonia should I dose? I have the ace hardware stuff, it said in the calculated 5 ml...

Hi Charlie,I used the cal as well&was suggested to dose 7.5 ml for my 36g bowfront to reach 5ppm..this tank is moderate to heavily planted&in fact it took 16ml to get the ammo up between 4-5ppm..now not suggesting you follow as I did but you'll have to start out at the suggested dosage&test the ammo to see what it has gone up to...then adjust accordingly...good luck

It doesn't hurt the heater if its installed(unplugged) while filling the tank,it helps the heater to acclimate to temp of the water as its being filled..& of course allow it the reccomended 30 mins to be safe..

Thanks, I currently have my thermometer about 2 inches from the corner, is this ok? And if there is te air pump cord touching it, will it be alright? Also, how do I set te heater? It has a red dial I tur to *+ or *-

Back
Top Bottom