Charlie's 37 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just took it out, 25% on the stress coat it says 5ml per 10 gallons, and this pitcher isn't even a gallon, how much do I use???

Thank goodness, I did around 1 ml on each and it looks great! So now I tested and 4.0 ppm!!!! So now my only question is do I dose my ammonia and how much?

No don't dose ammo,that's right where you want the level to be...recheck your ammo in 24hrs from now,if it has dropped below 1ppm dose back up to 4ppm..do this by adding a couple ml's,wait 10mins recheck...repeat until you reach your target at 4ppm.

Hey guys! I just got my order from drs. Foster and smith. I got 2 driftwood and a small cichlid stone, the 2 pack if the stones are on back order. I'll get them Friday. Then I'll have my whole tank set up!! So the first piece is gigantic! Like 11 inches long and in the shape of a L. The 2nd is flat and small, but I still like it!! So il put those in the next few hours and update some pics!!! So anyway, do I stil dose the 5ml of ammonia, that's what the calculator said to does

Nice pickup on the dw..test your ammo&if it has fallen below 1ppm then I'd dose it back up to 4ppm...once again you don't have to dose everyday,only when needed..

Thanks! If I dose, how long do I wait to test? And i can't add the dw yet as it will leach and stain, but 10 bux for those 2 pieces, the small piece is 10 at my lfs and the large one would be about 30!!!

Test first to see if your ammo has dropped,I wouldn't dose it up until it drops below 1ppm..the 4ppm of ammo will remain constant until the beneficial bacteria(bb) begins to consume it,that's when you'll begin to see it fall..have patience&follow the steps laid down for you...you'll see progress it may take a little time to get results..

Yeah, tested and still at 4pom, so I didn't test anything else. I assume my ph will fall down to 7 when I add my driftwood. I'll keep testing, still no signe of nitrates or nitrites. Here's an updated Pic. Also, temp is between 78 and 80, I'd say almost 79. Is that good?

Attachments

• image-1168332137.jpg
    image-1168332137.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 42
Question! My ammonia tests at 8? Do I change wren again? After yet read 4 I haven't added any sense

Also make sure you rinse each test very well before using...I use a brush&warm water...

I don't think so, I have 2 lava rocks, gravel, fake plants. No chemicals. Also, the tubes are very thin, how do you fit a brush in?

Thanks! So what could be a source, and what do i do? Just to confirm this is the test results

Attachments

• image-2250478868.jpg
    image-2250478868.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 39
Did a 30% wc and ammonia back to 4.0 ppm. So now I see theese bubbles and small particles circulating in top middle of the tank. I notecard them before but there wasn't nearly as much, any yogic hrs on what I do. Or what they are?

Attachments

• image-1838893532.jpg
    image-1838893532.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 33
  • image-3692544135.jpg
    image-3692544135.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 28
Back
Top Bottom