Chinese Algae Eater and Otocinclus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Drewnation

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I currently have 1 Chinese Alage Eater and a couple otocinlus catfish in a 29, think they can grow and thrive together?
?

I can move then CAE to another tank NP... But in the process are my oto's in danger? also I have sand subsrate is that okay if I give theme a veggie everyother day???

Why do you feel they could be in danger? Yes, you can offer veggies (I give blanched zucc.) and yes sand is fine

It is said that CAE's become aggressive as adults especially to their own kind & those who are similar. In an aquarium setting they average 6" as an adult. They will not eat algae all of their lives & will need veggies such as zucchini, cucumber. I have 2 in a 46g that I've had around 9 months, they were approx 2" or less when purchased & both are around 4" now. I drop algae wafers a couple times a week (for them & the snails) & feed zucchini, cucumber or squash once or twice a week. They go NUTS for the veggies! There are a lot of or for stories regarding CAE's attaching to fish & killing them so be very careful of their tank mates.

Back
Top Bottom