Cichlid agression help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Macdaddydaze

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i have a fully grown african cichlid not really sure the name of it but its pale blue i never really kept africans so a newb on species and it is attacking my two bichers and my bichers bite it back but there a great deal smaller any tips on how to cut down aggression? I can send pics if it helps

Does it look like this? I so it's a ice blue mbuna and they can be a bit aggressive, I cut down on that behavior by being slightly overstocked and most of the fish are the same size. It it is the most dominate fish however it is going to bully others a bit

Attachments

• image-633638164.jpg
    image-633638164.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 99
I woulf suggest to have plenty of hiding places, or more if you already have some, or feed more, because a hungery cichlid is not a happy cichlid, or put in a divider to let it cool off for awile

Does it look like this? I so it's a ice blue mbuna and they can be a bit aggressive, I cut down on that behavior by being slightly overstocked and most of the fish are the same size. It it is the most dominate fish however it is going to bully others a bit

Yeh it looks like that but a lil darker and can i just rearange the rocks around so they can re establish territory?

I have my tank a bit in over stock to, I change the rocks but that did not matter to them, so I add a little bit more fish and the problem was solved.

I have my tank a bit in over stock to, I change the rocks but that did not matter to them, so I add a little bit more fish and the problem was solved.

Ok sounds good i only have him an two bichers becuase i let my cousin have my other like 7 africans so ill go get them back and put them in the tank thanks nd hope for the best

They wouldnt sit still for the pic but here they are does anyone knoe what species of bircher they are also?

Attachments

• image-594019485.jpg
    image-594019485.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 92
  • image-3617042869.jpg
    image-3617042869.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 86

That isnt an ice blue. It is a cobalt blue zebra.

Back
Top Bottom