Cichlid Heater Positioning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tieberion

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all, after responding to another thread, I stopped to think for a moment, and now have a question I hope you can input on. If you don't have an external canister/large overflow for an inline heater, where in the tank do you put yours?

I have mine currently in the left corner, and my JD/Loaches seem to love it, even though that corner, with the heater on gets to 80.3, while the far right near the filter discharge is only 79.9 to 80.0. Do those few .0 degrees make that big of a difference, and if so, how/where do you all place/run your heaters?

Thanks a million!

I have one on each side of my 125, but my smaller tanks I tend to keep it in the corner close to the hob intake. I don't think that little bit of temp flux will make any difference

Sweet, thanks! Might move it over to that side just to see if it makes any diff in their patterns!!!

in my 75g tank i have it in the corner right behind my powerhead to help circulate my water, my africans love it, and when they want some fresh heat they play in the powerhead current otherwise they swim all around it and away from it too, my thermometer is in the catty corner to the heater and powerhead and its steady at 80*

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom