cichlid mixing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok so then i guess my last option is a 2 females and 1 male.... and maybe some small 2 inch fish

In a 40 keep 1 female and 1 male( they pair off nd will kill the other female) and when breeding your convicts will most likly kill the other fish. JUST CONVICTS IN A 40 gallon! Nothing else. Just stating not tryin to be mean or rude

Ralphie126 said:
ok so then i guess my last option is a 2 females and 1 male.... and maybe some small 2 inch fish

It must have been stated atleast 20 times in this thread and it STILL hasn't gotten through to you. You can ONLY have the 2 Cons in there, if you had 3 they would pair up and kill the remaining female. Not to be harsh but I don't know what part of that you don't understand.

Well then you cant breed them. You can have the 2 females and thats ALL you can have in a 40gal. Ok. Do you understand now after its been stated over 50 times?!

Ralphie126 said:
Nobody will take the other female... That has been stated too

You didn't say no one would take her you said you weren't aloud too return her. You bought the fish, its your responsibility to take care of her not just give her away because you want too breed them. Do you even have a grow out tank for the fry? I highly doubt it, and you would be stuck with a bunch of juveniles cons.

Yes I do have a grow out tank...... The man at the store said it was a male but he was wrong it was a female

GuppyLover said:
You didn't say no one would take her you said you weren't aloud too return her. You bought the fish, its your responsibility to take care of her not just give her away because you want too breed them. Do you even have a grow out tank for the fry? I highly doubt it, and you would be stuck with a bunch of juveniles cons.

May have been stated in another one of their threads??? Maybe try placing her or them both someplace else. Most stores will take them back. if not try listing in craigslist... It's free. And take this time to google and research prior to buying. Unfortunately unless you do the dwarfs, rams or shellies etc there's not much in the way if cichlids you can do in your 40. it's not a total loss or failure if you take this experience and learn from it, build and move on...

U cant have 2 females and 1 male your tank is to small. You can have 1 male nd 1 female THATS ALL if you cant understand from 50 post stating this?! It as plain as day.... U NEED TO JUST DEAL WITH IT! GET A BIGGER TANK OR KEEP THE 2 FEMALES ND DONT BREED

I will see if the store will take her back and see if I can get a male

I talked to my mom....new will have 2 tanks the 40g will have 1 female and other fish..... And the second tank will be the breeding tank

Ok then you can have 1 pair... Keep the the other as a fry holding tank

Back
Top Bottom