Cichlid Parents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bre7337

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So back in August I asked for help Identifying 3 cichlids, the consensus was that the Orange and black peacock is an OB hybrid, the other peacock is an electric blue male, and the other was a yellow lab. Turns out the electric blue named Georgie is actually a Georgia, as I found out yesterday she’s holding some eggs! Today I’m wondering who is more likely to be the father, the orange hybrid or the yellow mbuna? I’ve only bred egg laying cichlids, this is my third time I’ve had Africans mate, but those were all the same type and in their own tank. If anyone has any input on who the father might be, or sexes of the lab and OB, I’d appreciate it! Or any other advice as well! Thanks again.

IMG_1376.jpg

IMG_1372.jpg

IMG_1369.jpg

IMG_1360.jpg

IMG_1359.jpg

Should also mention, female has since been moved for the duration of her holding, and all 3 sorta chased each other around occasionally in typical cichlid form, but I never saw anyone actually doing the little dance.

Nope. She actually spit all the eggs out, they were clear and white so I’m guessing unfertilized. Moved her back to regular tank and she’s been chasing the other two but they show no interest. No clue if there’s even a male

Back
Top Bottom