Cichlid problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MisFit

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Okay here is my problem i have a 10 gallon tank and the local pet store guy said there would be no problems having two cichlids ( a red jewel and a neon jewel) a bala shark and a Pleco in the same tank. Well I quickly realized that was a big mistake and stupid I will admit. The cichlids starting taking bites out of the Pleco and the bala got ich I found a five gallon to separate the cichlids from the bala and the Pleco and I cured the ich in both tanks.

This week I will finally be upgrading to a 65 gal tank and I wondering will the other fish still have compatibility problems with the in the bigger tank and what other fish or cichlids will go well with a red jewel and a neon jewel

I don't see why the jewels and the plec won't get along, but the Bala is a social schooling much better of in schools of 5 or more plus they reach sizes of 14" so I would rehome him which still leaves more stocking options.

Back
Top Bottom