Cichlid problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SKB

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've had this guy a while and he's been fine. But now he's gotten really aggressive and I might need to re-home him. I've turned down the temperature to somewhat calm the aggression but he still is a bad bully. To top it off, my favorite Mbuna cichlid has been hiding for 2 days with barely any food because he chases her back into hiding. Is this cichlids temperament lower than my others? I have a red zebra, bumblebee, a kenye, and the other one might be the same as the bully but is being bullied, my guess is because they look alike but when I bought the second one he was white in the tank.

Anyways, I have a home for them, a breeder said hell take them. Should I just get rid of my pretty pretty bully? :(

image-3994623049.jpg

image-958149847.jpg

Here are some full tank shots to get an idea of hiding places. As you can see my red zebra hiding.... I have 5 in a 45.

image-233565099.jpg

image-2798390843.jpg

image-2105554494.jpg

image-2959500536.jpg

image-553194942.jpg

image-1810691087.jpg

I agree with Andy. I had a hyper dominate male mbuna and he needed to go. Re homed him to my buddy's fish shop, in his display tank. Now he ain't so tough lol.

Try a few more see what happens :)

Well the guy that gave it to me said it was a 55. but I measured it and I think its a 45. If I remember correctly, it measures about 35 inches long

Ok, thank you both for the quick response! That will definitely help once I get home to measure and ill look up the size again. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom