Cichlid Tank Stocking Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

QueenKiara

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi everyone! If this happens, it won't happen anytime soon, right now I'm just dreaming. I have a 48x15x18, 45g tank that's currently empty, and I've been looking at African Cichlids because I think it would be really cool to have a Cichlid tank. First off, I heard this is on the small end for a Cichlid tank, but it would work? Or is it just too small? What type of filter would I need? Also, I'm having trouble figuring out which Cichlids would work well together without fighting. I believe I want them to only be mildly aggressive; I want as little fighting as possible. I also think I want an all male tank, but I heard it's hard to determine the sex of Cichlids so I'm not sure if I'll be able to or not. Any advice on that is appreciated! After looking at a lot of different Cichlids, I think my favorite looks-wise is Pundamilia nyererei (Makobe Island). I'd like to know what other Cichlids would go well with this Cichlid, as well as with each other, and would also fit in my tank (if possible). Any advice is helpful, and I would definitely appreciate you giving possible tank stocking ideas! Thank you in advance. :)

Back
Top Bottom