Cichlids for 10g tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chileno

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so I have a new 10g tank and my wife would like me to put cichlids there. What would you guys recommend? I already have gbr on other tanks. I would like to put a couple of them

Rams are good. For a ten I would look for tanagykian ( don't think I spelled that right) because most stay on the smaller end and they are more docile than the other cichlids

Thats exactly what I was looking for. Tanganyikans, i love the compressiceps and they grow very slow, I was thinking about those

10G is too small for any cichlid IMO. No way any tanganyikans belong.

Well thats my 5th tank, I wanted to make it a grow out tank but my wife wants me to put some cichlids. Now I can tell her a need that 100+g tank I've been wanting. Hehehehe ;) then I can put cichlids

Well thats my 5th tank, I wanted to make it a grow out tank but my wife wants me to put some cichlids. Now I can tell her a need that 100+g tank I've been wanting. Hehehehe ;) then I can put cichlids

Get a 72x18x18" tank. Then you can put almost any Lake Malawi cichlid in it. Stuff like Blue dolphins, Lithobates, Red Empress, Borleyi, Taiwan Reef, Fossochromis Rostratus, etc etc. Most colorful of all cichlids.

Or you can get something cool like a breeding pair of red terrors.

I'm thinking of doing more of tanganyikan cichlids. For some reason i like those better. I used to have a 55g with only tanganyikans and I love them. So I'm just hoping i can find a cheap tank so I can do that. There's some good deals on craiglist but they are all far away from where i live

Petco's $1 / G sale is on now. I picked up a 55 on Thursday.

Aaaaahhhh i wish there was a petco near me, the closer one is 3 hours away

So I did buy a 55g from petco. Now I need to get everything else for it, filter, top, etc. that will be my tanganyikan cichlid tank again :)

Pair of Julie trans gombe, pair of leleupi, pair of calvus white, pair of brichardi, trio of shellies I'm thimking ornatipinnis plus leptosoma for upper water not sure how many yet but at least six.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Pair of Julie trans gombe, pair of leleupi, pair of calvus white, pair of brichardi, trio of shellies I'm thimking ornatipinnis plus leptosoma for upper water not sure how many yet but at least six.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I know this is off topic of the OP, but I would not recommend that stocking. I'd choose between the julies and leleupi and go with 4 instead of a "pair". Same with the calvus / brichardi. And a 65 isn't going to be large enough for cyps as they age.

Back
Top Bottom